Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine radiator is leaking so i guess i am going to have to replace it where is the cheapest place to get one?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cheapest one i found is $598

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
How do you know your radiator is leaking?

I have a mysterious leak that I cannot find!!! I don't think it is the head gasket either ...

·
Vrooommmmm
2 Posts
If its a job 1 they are prone to radiator problems.

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
Mine is a Job 3, i am 100% about that.

Just for curiosity, where did they usually leak from?

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
How do you know your radiator is leaking?

I have a mysterious leak that I cannot find!!! I don't think it is the head gasket either ...
Check your upper rad hose by the thermostat. They are prone to leak there. The new updated hose is white on the end by the thermostat.

·
I still play with trucks
183 Posts
I already have the updated (white end) hose :)

I think i just have some air in the system. I will work it out.

·
NObama
189 Posts
my 2010 leaked after 5k miles of buying her... check lower driver side corner, the pressed together plastic/aluminum "Hecho en Mexico" bullsh*t tends to leak there.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lower driver side corner

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a new dam problem now grrr truck wouldnt start the batteries where dead so i charged them and had them tested one was bad so i got a new one now my battery light is on i had the system tested and everything is good starter cranking was a little low wth?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a guy at a local radiator shop tearing apart my last take off radiator, he's going to experiment with it a while and try to fabricate aluminum tanks for it, 100% welded.

It's kind of a back burner project for him, but he said anywhere from $400-$500 should cover everything. He's pricing it low in exchange for letting him test the finished unit on my truck.

If it works out, I imagine there'd be a lot of interest in them. What do y'all think?

·
Way To Many Projects
660 Posts
I just had mine changed under waranty it was leaking on pass side.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Just got mine back from Ford. TSB for mine, new hoses, radiator and a few other coolant related things. Didn't cost me a dime.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from what i was told the are not a recall and it is dealer descresion if the want to fix it under warranty but mine is out of warranty any way.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
I don't have it off hand. I'll see if i have the receipt laying around.
When i drove the truck in, i already knew which tech was gonna work on it. He came over, blah blah blahed and mentioned it was all covered.
You might want to hit a few dealers and see what you come up w/.

I think there is TSB info in the 6.4 tech section.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine is out of warranty 139,000 on it. Just priced one from for $650

·
Registered
323 Posts
check the guy on here his sn is SUNRISEFORDPS, they give discounts to psn members... quoted me one for 598 and they dont charge for shipping

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is already a done did deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts