Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put i better I.E. lower micron oil filter on my truck (02 7.3)
i have tried to get the elf 7405 on it and it simple will not get a straight enuff shot to spin on the main filter boss i need to find out what filters i can use that will have better filtration i run about 5k between oil changes and do a drain and fill w old filter run it 15 minutes then refill with new filter to get it nice and flushed out and get the top end oil cleaned out as well.
i just ordered a NUC motorsports bypass filter kit for the truck today

so what is the best filter that fits the stock filter mount

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have tried to get the elf 7405 on it and it simple will not get a straight enuff shot to spin on the main filter boss i need to find out what filters i can use that will have better filtration i run about 5k between oil changes and do a drain and fill w old filter run it 15 minutes then refill with new filter to get it nice and flushed out and get the top end oil cleaned out as well.

i have found a few filters but cant locate the micron rating for any of them
lfp2286xl luber finer
1r-0716 cat
b7039 baldwin
lf9027 fleet guard

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts

Odd, my ELF7405 fits on my 02 just fine. When full of oil it is a bit of a bear to move around when full of oil but gets on there.

Honestly for the money it is tough to beat the FL1995....18 microns at 98%...
Power Stroke Diesel - Power and Pride

The LF9027 is a ventuir combo filter that has a 25-30 micron media on top with a 5 micron bypass disc stack on the bottom.
Fleetguard LF-9027???? - Bob Is The Oil Guy

The Cat 1R0716 is a standard efficiency filter IIRC and is rated around 25-30 microns...and the Baldwin B7039 is 23 microns absolute.

Got me on the luber-finer...

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Not gonna comment on the BEST filter.... this is what I have run in the past and now use the one on the left it's a Venturi (I think) with stack plate by pass built in. This is an old pix as I run Mobile 1 full synthetic and a Luber-Finer Zguard by pass in addition to the LF 9691

Do a search on Bob the Oil Guy there is lots good stuff there.

jrc

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the 9691 mount on the stock filter base without and issues ?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i ordered a few 9691 filters and grabbed a 2286xl to get my service done today that was a bit past due so at least i can start with great filters soon as soon as i get my bypass kit in im gonna drain the entire system flush it out and put the 9691 on the bypas setup and fill her up with some shaeffers and prolong and forget about the changing the oil for a while lol

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
ok well i ordered a few 9691 filters and grabbed a 2286xl to get my service done today that was a bit past due so at least i can start with great filters soon as soon as i get my bypass kit in im gonna drain the entire system flush it out and put the 9691 on the bypas setup and fill her up with some shaeffers and prolong and forget about the changing the oil for a while lol
Personally, I would forget about the prolong and just run the schaeffers.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
amsoil is ok. i think there 20mic rating..

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
IIRC the bypass goes does to 2 micron... it cycles the entire system in about 50 minutes and is rated @ 60k miles....

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
IIRC the bypass goes does to 2 micron... it cycles the entire system in about 50 minutes and is rated @ 60k miles....
your right!! just thought the op was looking for the best spin on... i often thought about putting that amsoil bypass kit on my truck.... how do you like it and what have your uoa's looked like.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was looking for the best spin on filter but im also doing a bypass filter as well to ensure my oil stays as clean as possible and keeps my baby living a long happy life

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

What I use for a by pass. OTH by pass Luber-Finer Zgard LFP9750

jrc

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I honestly have never done a uoa

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i put a 2286xl on it last week and flushed oil the hpop resivoir and changed the oil and im really happy so far i got about 800 miles on the oil and it looks like i just poured it from the bottle basically

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I usually get to about 2k before it starts to tint, your on your way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts