Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the easiest spot to chuck compressed air to the HPO? i know on 04 and up icp sensor on valve cover. But the 03 is a lil diff.. any help would be great. Thanks

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,486 Posts
Early 04's also have the ICP behind the turbo. The only place I know of is at the ICP.

The 03's aren't quite as prone to HPO leaks due to the different design on the oil rail and the HPOP. That being said, there is an o-ring on the HPOP discharge and the HPOP itself is less reliable than later models. And of course the injector d-rings can always leak.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so here is what i did... pulled passenger side vc, since the truck had a number 7 code (Injector was just replaced by ford). Pulled a plug out of the oil rail, put air to it... could hear number 7 injector leaking air! So got new inj. from ford. suppose to get it today... lets hope for the best.

Thanks bismic1

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that i could tell.... Think the spoolvalve was stuck on it... Had a buddy have the same problem with his new injectors from ford...

This was my problem. Truck had 4 new inj and icp put in by ford. Truck ran for about forty miles and died... put on scanner would not build enough high pressure oil.... put new pump in, truck started but had a miss and would not idle. would stay running with rpm's about 1500 any less would die, warmer the oil got harder it was to start and keep running. scanned again got #7 contribudation code. and this is where im at now...

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so here is what happened... It my mistake by replacing inj 7. but it was a free one from ford, so just lost time. pulled Driver side vc to find that ALL the bolts where striped out for the high pressure oil rail.... Ford also replaced Injectors #2 and 4....

So the rail would lift off the top of injectors....

FML

1 - 6 of 6 Posts