Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard my problem could be my ICP or PCM but am not familiar enough with my truck to even know where they are? Can anyone really explain in detail where they are or show me a pic of where they are at? I've heard they can be removed and cleaned and may make a big differnece. My truck starts great and seems to run good but blows constant white smoke and when I give it like 1500 or more rpms at an idle it just blows white smoke steady all over. The rpms stay constant at an idle but it seems to sound a little rough once in awhile as it sits. :confused:

·
Registered
326 Posts
it doesnt sound like an ICP or PCM problem, but the ICP sensor is on the driver's side cylinder head up front near the loop bracket lifting point. it is maybe the diameter if a half dollar and usually requires a crows foot to take the sensor off.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
PCM is behind the ebrake, but removed through the engine compartment with the inner fenderwell partially removed and flexed out of the way. Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heard my problem could be my ICP or PCM but am not familiar enough with my truck to even know where they are? Can anyone really explain in detail where they are or show me a pic of where they are at? I've heard they can be removed and cleaned and may make a big differnece. My truck starts great and seems to run good but blows constant white smoke and when I give it like 1500 or more rpms at an idle it just blows white smoke steady all over. The rpms stay constant at an idle but it seems to sound a little rough once in awhile as it sits. :confused:
Are you sure it's not a blown turbo?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure it could be anything. Turbo seems fine from the looks of it and it seems to work when im driving. I dont seem to be losing coolant at all i think the exhaust pretty much just smells like diesel. But then again ive only had this truck a couple of months and havent even really had it out of the road yet because of the need for an oil pan just been replacing a few parts and driving it around in my field to test them? I just put brand new glow plugs and CPS in the truck I heard both of them could be the cause of smoke but now im just clueless idk :confused:

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
Excessive white smoke is normally un-burnt fuel. Any idea what the compression is on the motor? Could be an injector issue. You need to get a scanner on it, there's a possibility its an IPR over pressuring the injectors. Really need more info on whats going on to diagnose. Good luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i havent ran any tests not really sure how to and do not have proper equipment. will any regular auto mechanic be able to run these tests or do I need to take it to someone who specializes in diesels? Id rather not go broke getting the tests ran

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Just take it to a diesel shop and have them run a buyers inspection on it...

You are going to go broke throwing parts at it or spend the money to know what the problem is. Which do you prefer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.