Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my pops just got himself a 2003 F250 7.3. It’s ran and drove great it only has 153k on it. He noticed that it leaks fuel up front and it smells like diesel on the inside all this happened about a week after he got it (go figure) today I looked at it got in it to drive it it sputtered bad then stalled it was low on fuel so I put 5 gallons in there and it drove fine after that. After I got it to operating temperature you could smell the diesel again got out to look for the leak and turns out fuel got in the coolant and was leaking from the reservoir! So my question is where is the best place to order all the parts I believe it’ll need here’s my parts list please, if I’m missing anything let me know.
Injector cups all 8
Injector o-rings
Valve cover gaskets with the new harness
And I guess that special tool to get those cups out
Maybe injectors depends on what he wants to do
I’m a little nervous taking on this job constructive criticism and advice is much appreciated!
By the way I’m assuming that what’s wrong with it is one or 8 of those injector cups cracked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
PSN intsigator
6,104 Posts
I use Riff Raff, Dieselsite, an Strictly Diesel for the majority. For the cups I would go with the stainless steel ones from Riff Raff and rent or buy the cup tool from them also

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too would do stainless cups from Riff Raff and likely just rent the tool. I would check the glow plugs also while your in there. I buy most of my stuff from CNC Fabrication.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Diesel Orings.com will hook you up with all the needed seals for fixing that fuel bowl leak . I did a injector cup write up thread not to long ago . I’ll see if I can find it and post it here .

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Riff raff stainless injector cup install
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=90932&share_tid=568009&url=https://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568009&share_type=t&link_source=app
Here you go .
But before you replace the cups are you seeing fuel in the coolant ?
Are you noticing any signs of a hydro lock?
Do you notice excessive pressure building in the cooling system or loss of heat while driving?

I only drove it for about 20 minutes and when I was done I could see it over filled the coolant reservoir I don’t think it over heated but every time he drove it it would overflow out of the reservoir causing what he thought was a fuel leak. No signs of vapor lock and heat still works great. You can see and smell the fuel in the coolant

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Sounds like a cracked cup or two . Pull all the injectors and do a coolant pressure test on the engine and see where it leaks

·
Project Shamu
2,411 Posts
I buy almost everything from RiffRaff and DieselSite, the 2 of them combined have almost everything you could possibly need. Several other good companies too, including CNCFab, DieselORings, and even RockAuto.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if close to san jose ca i have the injector cup tools and well as the rotunda injector removal and installer tooli could rent you for $40 for all the tools with a returnable up front down cash minus the 40

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts