Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Is there an ideal place to install the pyrometer? I got bd exhaust manifolds and there is a pre drilled hole for the pyrometer but I notice that some have the pyrometer install on the down pipe? Is one location better than others?

Do some member run multiple pyrometers?

And I was wondering where I can buy the fuel pressure sensor kit made by edge; I have a hard time finding one.

Thank you

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Use the holes in the BD manifolds. I don't personally but there are some people who run dual pyros. Check Amazon or eBay for the Edge stuff.

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
I can't say I've heard of anybody running three lol what kinda temp split are ou seeing out of all three? I've always wondered if both manifolds gave off the same temp

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so my BD Diesel Exhaust manifold have 2 ports for the pyrometer.

One is just outside cylinder 2 and the other is where the manifold is turns in to the up pipe (just beyond cylinder 8).

I am thinking option 2 makes the most sense as most of the exhaust gases are pushed to this one area of the manifold before being sent up though the y pipe. I will get a hotter reading than if I were to place it outside cylinder 2 but I guess it would keep me from having a led foot?

What do you guys think?

Also have a ported intake manifold, intake kit and exhaust all part of my build.

These BD manifolds are also suppose to flow a bit better than the stock manifolds as well.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Either location is acceptable. 99% of the semis on the road with puris have it post turbo. There are the few hot rods that like to see pre turbo. In the manifolds will give you a higher temp range and it will react faster. I believe about 1300* is tops. After the turbo (where I run mine) will be a little lower in temp. Around 1200* max. And it won't react as fast. However should that pyro probe tip ever decide to break off (I've seen t happen) and your running pre turbo, you will get to replace the turbo. And hope there isn't other damage like metal or oil in the intake. But after the turbo it will just cruse down the exhaust pipe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts