Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showing Dim codes, would like to replace with donor, But dont know where to find it?:pointlaugh: got a lot to learn sorry f550 7.3 manual, donor will be 2001 f350 7.3

·
GreatWhite
132 Posts
You have to take the driver side front fender off. It's in there.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole fender or is there a inner fender you can remove? im thinking like the black plastic under most fender wells? Sorry for the stubid questions

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
You can do it by removing the inner fender. It is kind of a PITA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys, AE keeps repeating the code p1316. Truck wont hardly pull its self out of the driveway, but hey it idles great !!! Would you pull the inner or outer or is it just a pain either way, will have to do a donor to, sounds like i got a day planned out now. I was hoping for a quick swap.Ford wants $900 plus so I need to be sure.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
I was able to remove enough of the screws from the fender liner to reach my arm up there and remove and replace mine without removing the fender or liner. Check the classified section here for IDMs for sale.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
its not a PITA, undo the 7/32 srews that hold linder to the fender, remove 2 or 3 of the 8mm bolts from the liner, remover the push retainers at the bottom rear, then peel it out of the way....10mm on the idm plug and either 2 8mm or 2 10mm hold it to the truck....shouldnt take you more than 10minutes

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
I was able to remove enough of the screws from the fender liner to reach my arm up there and remove and replace mine without removing the fender or liner. Check the classified section here for IDMs for sale.
its not a PITA, undo the 7/32 srews that hold linder to the fender, remove 2 or 3 of the 8mm bolts from the liner, remover the push retainers at the bottom rear, then peel it out of the way....10mm on the idm plug and either 2 8mm or 2 10mm hold it to the truck....shouldnt take you more than 10minutes
X3, but one thing that helped me was I used a bungy cord to help pull back the inner liner to get my hand up there for more room instead of removing it completely. Its really about a 45 minute job the first time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts