Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering replacing my PMR's with forged rods from a 99/00 motor. It's a much bigger job than I want to tackle in my garage, so I'm wondering what places in the southwest US would do it, and what's a reasonable price to pay? I'm guessing it'll be in the $5-6,000 range, does that seem about right? I figure I'll include new rod & crank bearings as well as rings and honing the cylinders. Also, is there anything else I should consider doing with the motor apart? I've got mods in my sig, plus I'll be adding dual oil pumps next month.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
I'm considering replacing my PMR's with forged rods from a 99/00 motor. It's a much bigger job than I want to tackle in my garage, so I'm wondering what places in the southwest US would do it, and what's a reasonable price to pay? I'm guessing it'll be in the $5-6,000 range, does that seem about right? I figure I'll include new rod & crank bearings as well as rings and honing the cylinders. Also, is there anything else I should consider doing with the motor apart? I've got mods in my sig, plus I'll be adding dual oil pumps next month.
Thanks.
Does no one rebalance the crank with the lighter forged rods? or do y'all just swap them out and call it good?:doh:

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
typically any shop smart enough to do a rod swap is most likely smart enough to balance the crank.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
For that price, why don't you order a new block from Lott with forged rods, new bearings, pistons, etc already in it?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thats what I was just going to say... $3500 from Lott, complete, no core charge, and all the gaskets, oil pump and such... Then figure another 2k for install and your there.

Mine was at 8k for everything installed, thats with the head work too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hadn't thought of a short block, I'll have to look into that option, too.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
958 Posts
:whs:

Once I hit 300K I am going to seriously look into the DI short block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts