Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 F450 service truck. The tranny went out last year so I took it to a place here in San Antonio. They had a bunch of rebuilt transmissions for sale on ebay for $1850. They said the case on mione was damaged and needed other stuff so it was $2300. Didnt have any issues paying the extra amount. Installed the trans and 3 weeks later it would slip out of 6th and 4th. Took it back out and dropped it off. i was told that there was a faulty snap ring and my brand new Valeo clutch wasnt any good(they never saw the clutch) and I needed to buy a Luk clutch instead. Couldnt explain to me how a clutch causes a shifting problem. So I reinstalled the trans again with a new Luk clutch. Worked great for 8 months and then I lost 3rd and 4th gear and the trans got stuck in between 2 gears and locked up. Had it towed 300 miles back hom, pulled the trans and took it back. Now the guys have no clue who I am and demand to see the original invoice before theyll warranty anything.
So I dropped the transmission off at another shop and they tore it down. Guy called me and said hardly anything looked new and it was going to be $2500 for a rebuild. Im thinking theres got to be other places out there that sell off the shelf Zf6's for less and more importantly have a good reputation. Anyone know of any places?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Midwest transmission.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Your old core is worth some $$$$ to do not let them have it
zf6 that fits a 7.3 is worth some $$$$$$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts