Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Where are you all getting the resistor for the IDM mod?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  joedaddy 
#1 ·
I'm ready to tackle this but can't find a supplier locally and really don't want to buy online.

#5 ·
It speeds-up the injectors in effect cramming the fuel into a narrower window allowing more time to fuel.

I found them online but something about $1.09 for 5 and $10 for shipping just gets to me.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Well I bought 6 resistors today, + a new soldering iron, new mulitimeter (mines old and might be off a smidge), and silver solder to also repair my PCM from when I cleaned the CP's with a pocket knife :doh:

I went with a different resistor than the digi-key. The only diff is this one is more robust with the exact same tolerances, .5 watt, 75k ohm, 2% vs 1 + checked each before leaving the store to verify resistance all were were withing .25% ranging from 74.8 - 75.1 ohm. When I disscussed what I was doing this was what was suggested. I plan to do 1 at a time so as not to fry both LOL and will post step by step as I go. Wish me luck!

On edit: Spent close to a c-note, $1.06 was resistors :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.