Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I had a nice lady try to come to our home last summer. She wanted GPS coordinates for our house in preperation for the census. When I refused to give access to our property, we have a perimeter fence with gates, she left with a huff. The next day she came back with a "supervisor". He tried to scare me with the what could happens and after a few choice words from me they left and have not been back.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Oh, and I will be responding with the number of people in our household and that is it. No other info will be provided.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No doubt the Census takers will try to intimidate everyone into giving them all of the information they want. But not from me and my family, only that my name is Gandy and I have five (5) illigit kids and 2 wives.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
In which case, they will just go ahead and mark you down for a 6th grade education and a propensity to lie.

After all, unless you adopted..............how can you and your boyfriend have 5 kids? LOL LOL LOL

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Both of those were pretty good.

I bet in reality, Pappy and Gandy are nxt door neighbors. They sit around drinking Tequila and dreaming up this stuff.

·
ARMY bound
6,990 Posts
I don't answer my door so it shouldnt be a problem. In the future, I want to build a house with no front door. If anyone knows me enough to be at my house, they come through the garage.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
OH NOE!!!! IT ARE TEH SENSUS TAKERS!!!! DAYES HEAR TO STEEL MAH INFOMATON!!!

Seriously, every 10 years a group of nutjobs whine and cry about the census. They all talk about how they will refuse census takers on their property, how they plan to show force if necessary, and how they have some witty remark to yell at a census taker right before slamming the door.

Get over it people.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had no problem with the gal that hand delivered the census form to us, she's a local and just trying to do a service.

I already sent the form back in with ages and race and nothing else. I'm pretty sure the right hand can figure out my name and SSN if they would just ask the left hand.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My question is this. Why would they need to ask you all this "personal" information? Haven't been thru it yet, but seems like all this information would be available directly from the companies you already do business with.

UNLESS, they know better then to ask said companies because their Attys. would rip them a new one in the public court system?

Just asking a question. :D

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
OH NOE!!!! IT ARE TEH SENSUS TAKERS!!!! DAYES HEAR TO STEEL MAH INFOMATON!!!

Seriously, every 10 years a group of nutjobs whine and cry about the census. They all talk about how they will refuse census takers on their property, how they plan to show force if necessary, and how they have some witty remark to yell at a census taker right before slamming the door.

Get over it people.
Reminds me of what the little Hogwallop boy said in the movie Oh Brother Where Art Thou when he was shooting at Everett, Pete, and Delmar: "I nicked the census man" LOL

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
My question is this. Why would they need to ask you all this "personal" information?
The U.S. government is the largest information archive and data collector on the planet. When they collect the census, they also gather other information to determine demographic data. In turn, that demographic information is used heavily by businesses and industries, media, research groups, etc.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Like I said. Why do they need to ask for info they supposedly already have?

Unless they are trying to use this "new" info they gather for other purposes?

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Like I said. Why do they need to ask for info they supposedly already have?

Unless they are trying to use this "new" info they gather for other purposes?
Because they are gathering information first hand. If they went through employers, it would be second hand info, and possibly unreliable (or at least not as reliable as if it were collected first hand). Plus information collected by employers might not be the same type of info that the government wants to collect.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Just fill it out, what is the point? They already know 99% of the crap your putting there any way. Like they don't have a record of what you make (IRS), They don't know where you live (homested), What race you are (birth Certificate((this is just for pocket, where is Obama'sLOL)), blah, blah, blah, this personal information you are giving them is already known. JMO

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
My middle son is an Alaska census field supervisor and has already covered a number of villages in the Bush.

He said that almost every person has been kind and helpful but, he is still waiting for the inevitable azzhole that he knows is coming. :D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts