Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn my a/c on my 03 6.0 take offs are slow
The truck runs great other wise. Turn it off and it seems to quit the problem. I also noticed that if i switch it into 4 wheel drive the A/C blows through the defroster
Im not sure its all related but I figure I would put it out there.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
You have a vacuum leak causing the air to go out the vents when selecting 4wd. It can be caused by one of the vacuum lines falling off, or more likely a leaking 2wd switch on the passenger fender under the hood just behind the battery.

The rough running with the AC is new to me.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
You have a vacuum leak causing the air to go out the vents when selecting 4wd. It can be caused by one of the vacuum lines falling off, or more likely a leaking 2wd switch on the passenger fender under the hood just behind the battery.

The rough running with the AC is new to me.
u should sell some of that cobra venom to him, or w.e it is...............oya "snake oil" i bet that will fix his rough running.

on another note: mine does the same thing setting at a stop light with the a/c on. not so much a rough idle but the rpms fluctuate about 50-75 every 2-3 seconds

·
Registered
706 Posts
I also feel like my truck has less power with the A/C on, however this is normal as you are adding something else that now the engine has to provide for, i don't see this as a problem unless the engine actually backfires or smokes, if all else fails roll down windows and turn A/C off i hardly use mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts