Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I have the common rear wheel well rust problems starting on my 04. What if anything has everone done to stop/prevent this?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
if you have a rusting out 04 you should probly try washing it a lil more offen, and dont just wash the outside, as far as repair, it all depends on how good you are with a welder and paint gun

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wash it once a week! It's my work truck so it is on a construction site every day. If I didn't wash it reg it would be trashed. It isn't rusting thru yet mostly paint bubbles and moisture. Just wondering if anyone had any luck with undercoating inside the well or anything else. Want to keep this truck for a while.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
I wash it once a week! It's my work truck so it is on a construction site every day. If I didn't wash it reg it would be trashed. It isn't rusting thru yet mostly paint bubbles and moisture. Just wondering if anyone had any luck with undercoating inside the well or anything else. Want to keep this truck for a while.
why not get a flatbed and have it undercoated with rhino lining?

·
Registered
221 Posts
if its not completely rusted threw like surface rust around the wheel wells from rocks, you can sand it down to bare metal then prime it then put some wheel well covers or fender flairs, or take it to a painter and have your apint blended in and matched good as new

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why not get a flatbed and have it undercoated with rhino lining?
Don't want the flatbed just yet. Maybe down the road.

if its not completely rusted threw like surface rust around the wheel wells from rocks, you can sand it down to bare metal then prime it then put some wheel well covers or fender flairs, or take it to a painter and have your apint blended in and matched good as new
That is kinda wat I had in mind but instead of flairs doing rhino line on the rockers and wheel flairs. Anyone done this?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Don't want the flatbed just yet. Maybe down the road.

That is kinda wat I had in mind but instead of flairs doing rhino line on the rockers and wheel flairs. Anyone done this?
ya theres a couple guys here that have done it, blowinsmoke7.3 did the bottom of his pickup, turned out great just need some tape and some time, u can put it on urself, i just herculined the inside of a jeep last week for 100$ in materials

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I've seen a couple and it looks good. How well does it hold up/adhere tho?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
tank runs it on his rig, and if anyone can or has put it to the test he has, sand it down good b4 so its got somthin to stick to and your good to go, he offroads the sh*t outa his rig and has no problems

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet I think I found my fix! Thanks

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
not a problem, tanks250 is the guy u need to talk to

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If Tank doesn't post up here I'll look him up

·
Registered
772 Posts
I cleaned and sanded the inside of mine real well and sprayed undercoating inside the wheelwell from day 1. Looks real nice but I stick to the highway with mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts