Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday the rear wheels on the drivers side came off because the lugs loosened. A shop had totated the tires. Does anyone know the torque spec for the wheels front and rear? thanks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
150 to 165 lbs. Most shops have their guns set to car tire settings 100lbs. You have to remind them to torque to 150 lbs. Are they going to pay for the damages.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what my boss wants to do yet... it will need at the minimum new wheels (2) and a new rotor as its making a grinding noise. The studs got flat spotted but the nuts still thread on. The holes in the wheels got elongated and the inside wheel got pretty scraped up.

·
Registered
703 Posts
sometimes the torque is labeled on the stock lugs, mine say 140

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I run mine at 100 lbs

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
yesterday the rear wheels on the drivers side came off because the lugs loosened. A shop had totated the tires. Does anyone know the torque spec for the wheels front and rear? thanks
The proper spec is 165ft lbs.

Some manuals say 150 but there was a later revision that rescinded this.

I think the actual spec now is 160 empty 165 loaded.

I just run mine at 165 all the time.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
What ever is in the owners manuel is what the clicker clicks too esp. with alum. wheels,Also you need to recheck them after a few 100 miles almost lost one of my weld wheels on my stang because of this. Wheels passen you up on the highway sucks don't even ask how i know lol!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
What ever is in the owners manuel is what the clicker clicks too esp. with alum. wheels,Also you need to recheck them after a few 100 miles almost lost one of my weld wheels on my stang because of this. Wheels passen you up on the highway sucks don't even ask how i know lol!
You can't read? There's a good chance what is in the owner's manual is wrong.

BTW, that info comes from Grampy_Jim back in the day, it's good info.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Hey ass I have an obs truck the owners manuels are never wrong lol !:D

Byt the way did I tell you OBS trucks rule!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts