Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im just lookin for a set of 4 wheel spacers that will fit the 96 f250 I want to go 1 1/2" or bigger? I found some new ones but i wanna see wat I can get a used set for anybody got anything?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Put the money towards getting the correct offset wheels. It will be much safer for everyone on the roads.

Dave

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Put the money towards getting the correct offset wheels. It will be much safer for everyone on the roads.

Dave
There is nothing wrong with quality spacers.Try trucktoyz,they have 2in ones I'm gonna be getting also.With your reasoning,All duallys should be taken off the road as well. :pointlaugh:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Ya i have some on my chevy p/u with 41" Iroks They are super strong i think i paid $200 for 4 they were not cheap

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
They got a very bad rep from the old styles that were cheap cast units that caused some horrible accidents when they let go. Most all the ones you see to day from a reputable dealer are turned from billet stock and much stronger and are perfectly find to use. It still will put more stress on the unit bearings which likely will cause them to have a shorter lift cycle but driving habits have an even greater effect IMO. Going with a smaller backspacing will also cause increased stress on the bearings for the same reason but less. Sometimes its the choice you have to go with as full custom wheels or redoing an entire suspension is not a option financially. The intended use of the vehicle also has to be considered. DD and maybe some mild 4x4 is very different than heavy payload and or towing or harsh off-roading

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
What I don;t get is some of these ricers setups. I can see a few inches, the less the better, I can see but I have seen some of these cars with 5-8" spacers. There is some carshop cable show were they put them on a jag or BMW. Its two Indian guys in England. Can't think of the name of the show. In one episode I swear those things looked like 10" on each side all so they could get this super car wide stance where they have mad fenders for it. The end car looked awesome but still I wonder if at that extreme you could loose a wheel going around a turn. "Chop Shop" I think the name of the show is called.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Tarm,The OP has a OBS so he has the good bearings instead of hubs with plastic spacers inside so They are cheaper,servicable,and last longer which will help.But yes they do put more stress on them.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
What I don;t get is some of these ricers setups. I can see a few inches, the less the better, I can see but I have seen some of these cars with 5-8" spacers. There is some carshop cable show were they put them on a jag or BMW. Its two Indian guys in England. Can't think of the name of the show. In one episode I swear those things looked like 10" on each side all so they could get this super car wide stance where they have mad fenders for it. The end car looked awesome but still I wonder if at that extreme you could loose a wheel going around a turn. "Chop Shop" I think the name of the show is called.

The show is called chop shop or something its pretty retarded some of the things they do but some how end up looking good...

I have run wheel spacers for 3 years now and never had a single problem fwiw

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yep thats it. Chop Shop. I watch when I am bored. Loved the one where the BMW burnt up.

I sure wish we all had the old bearings. Now if the trucks all had the unit ones from the 450-550 then OK. They are monstrous and can take HUGE loads. Can be changed quick too. But they also stick out 5" farther on each side so.... I want to switch to the Dyna trac setup but damn its budget friendly in the least. It almost makes having the units worth keeping and going with the short life or maybe Ford could have used some metal instead of plastic and made them fully grease-able. These are not cars these are tuck that get used in fleets. These type of things should be serviceable in these type of vehicles damnit.

I think you will be fine with the spacer just check the bearing on each tire rotation and replace as necessary. IMO use Moog if/when they do need to be changed.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
There is nothing wrong with quality spacers.Try trucktoyz,they have 2in ones I'm gonna be getting also.With your reasoning,All duallys should be taken off the road as well. :pointlaugh:
Quality spacers are good, yes, but if you haven't noticed, most people aren't willing to spend money on quality, they want cheap. Otherwise, they would just get the right wheels. ;)

And I haven't seen any aftermarket spacers available that are made from cast iron with a structure like the factory spacers on a dually. When someone offes something like that, I'll consider running a set.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts