Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ihc diesel
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright got a question. what size wheel spacers would i have to run to put on a 265/75x16 tires on the back. cause i got a set of good mickey thompson mtz tires and just need 2 more to have all 6. i know ill need longer studs but dont know about the spacers i can make the spacers to any size i need. any help will be apreciated.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
I actually think you may be able to run 265's on the back without spacing. they will be close, but if any you would only need about 3/4-1" spacers .

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Get a 1/4" or 3/8" thk spacer and you will be good. No need for longer studs. Just slip the spacer in between the duals.

·
ihc diesel
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see my truck originally wasnt a dually. i can barely squeeze my fanger between the leafs and tires and the bolt doesnt stick out past the nut.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
If your studs dont stick out past the lug nuts now, i think you have more to worry about than the tires rubbing. I would fix that problem first, with the correct dually adapters.

Doing it right usually means expensive.

·
ihc diesel
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but im cheap and aint got 400 or 500 dollars to buy those thangs. i figured if i bought longer studs and i can make the spacers (i machine thangs) it would work.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
First you need to get the inside tire away from the leaf spring. then you will need to space the two tires apart from each other. Just buy the right spacer for the job

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 83' F350, I went to Advance Auto Parts got longer studs and made a 3/4in spacer to space the tires.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
A spacer behind the inside dually to move it out from the spring. A spacer between the wheels to separate the tires. Longer studs to accommodate everything.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Legally you need 3 threads beyond the lug nut. So figure out how much more you need to do that w your current setup, then figure out how muck of a spacer you will need to clear the bigger tires and add that much more to the stud. You are probably looking at a 2 1/2 stud!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts