Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased wider tires for my 2014. Now the passenger side tire rubs the wheel well when I make a right turn. I just received the 2" wheel spacers that I thought would fix that, but I do not see how they would. I've been advised to not trim the wheel well to fix it. Do I need to level or lift it instead?

·
2011 6.7L (Current)
24 Posts
I purchased wider tires for my 2014. Now the passenger side tire rubs the wheel well when I make a right turn. I just received the 2" wheel spacers that I thought would fix that, but I do not see how they would. I've been advised to not trim the wheel well to fix it. Do I need to level or lift it instead?

I think you should be careful with wheel spacers. Our trucks are meant to use hub centric wheels meaning all the weight is in the direct middle of the wheel. When you use a spacer (depending on other modifications) you can upset Load dynamics of the truck and burn up wheel bearings.

You never mentioned the side of the tire, but from the sounds of it. You need to do a bit more in modification or go to a smaller width tire, or not turn your wheel till it rubs.

Who recommended you whatever tire size and what tires did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts