Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I bought a set of wheel spacers for my 96 obs f250. The only problem was when I slid them on, there was a gap between the hub and spacer. They did not sit flush. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Not sure what to do.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They are going to need to be machined out more than likely ...I'm assuming rear spacers ?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
So today I bought a set of wheel spacers for my 96 obs f250. The only problem was when I slid them on, there was a gap between the hub and spacer. They did not sit flush. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Not sure what to do.

Sounds like you have the WRONG spacers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front and rear. I didn't even get to the rear tire. I started at the front and saw that it did not slide all the way flush up against the hub. I'm wondering if I could just grind the inside of the spacer down just a little without hurting it..

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
IF you had the RIGHT spacer, then there are Zero mods needed.

I say return the WRONG spacers and get the RIGHT ones

·
Registered
965 Posts
Apologies for the obvious questions...did you try flipping them inside for outside? and are there spacers for the front...did you try all 4?

If all of the answers are 'yes', the ones you have are not correct.

Seeing as you are in Alaska, your supplier might be willing to help you solve the problem by telling you what to machine locally rather than them paying return and replacement freight. Without repeating your supplier's name, I suspect they would rather help you solve the issue than this thread to get much longer....just sayin'....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think they would be alright if I machine some off the inside of the spacers. I have the ability to do so, just want to make sure I could do that safely before I go ahead and mess something up

·
Registered
758 Posts
Do you think they would be alright if I machine some off the inside of the spacers. I have the ability to do so, just want to make sure I could do that safely before I go ahead and mess something up

I personally would shave some off. Don't feel that it would cause any problems at all along as you don't do something crazy and use like a cutting torch.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally would shave some off. Don't feel that it would cause any problems at all along as you don't do something crazy and use like a cutting torch.

Yeah that's what I am gonna do. I mean it's litteraly like 1mm that I have to shave. I just wanted someone else's opinion. Thanks man. I'll post some pics in a few days to show the outcome

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah that's what I am gonna do. I mean it's litteraly like 1mm that I have to shave. I just wanted someone else's opinion. Thanks man. I'll post some pics in a few days to show the outcome

How big of a spacer did you get? I wanna put a set on my rears to make it match the fronts.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I ordered these through ruff country and they say these are the correct ones. I just want to know if anyone else has run into this same problem

There is no way in hell I would be running so Chinese aluminum spacer on one of these trucks, and then Modifying them in top of it.

Get BILLET Steel ones for your truck

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Same thing happened to my buddy.. He got them machined and they worked fine.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just curious , why did you get 2" spacers for the front? The rear axel is already narrower then the front end(assuming you have a D60).

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
We have hub and wheel centric spacers.
These are U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum, Lifetime warrantee, hub-centric and wheel-centric The spacers are roughly 3-5 times stronger than the Ford cast 20" wheels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts