Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pointlaugh:Ok so when im plowing or on snow and my truck is starting to spin, the back axle seems to hop or bounce the truck violently. Is this the common "wheel hop" everyone refers to that Traction bars are supposed to fix? Would getting traction bars stop this effect?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm going to imagine that it would solve your problem. And don't just want to say yes because maybe there is more to it. Like I know when I'm in 2wd in snow and I start getting stuck it just spins, but if I put it in 4wd high or low it hops and bounces drastically and I let off throttle and try again. Just my two cents

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
If you are spinning and the wheels are hopping you are at a stopping point anyway. All traction bars are going to do is stop the hop, NOT stop the spinning

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool that answers my question. Sometimes ill be trying to lets say, climb a hill and the truck will be moving while spinning somewhat, this causes the majority of the wheel hop.

Any good suggestions as to a place to get traction bars?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have a set of one up off road traction bars. They are a bit pricey but very high quality. Also costumer service is top notch

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I have traction bars and my truck still wheel hops depending on road conditions. The main purpose of the traction bars is to stop the pinion from rotating.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes it will help but it will not completly eliminate it., I would recommend them tho. Also adding some weight in the bed helps my truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts