Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheels off 05+ super dutys won't fit 99-04 trucks due to the spacing is this correct?

im somewhat interested in buying some wheels for my 01

i found these 17" factory wheels on a classifieds site. would they fit? the guy is asking $250 for wheels only

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you just need to put like a 1" or 1.5" spacer behind them and they will clear just fine

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
problems is most spacers I have looked at aren't that cheap!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Depends on the backspacing or offset... and of course personal prefrence.. ive got +10mm offset on my 01 and they fit just fine... whats the offset?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the backspacing or offset... and of course personal prefrence.. ive got +10mm offset on my 01 and they fit just fine... whats the offset?
i don't know they are 17" factory ford wheels for 05+ i believe

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i have to buy spacers its not worth it. ill just hold out to find something with the right offset.

or maybe i'll just keep what i have

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i think stocl 05+ wheels have like +24mm offset.. i could be wrong though.. i know my +10 offset rub at full lock out so im assuming +25mm offset would prob rub a little worse...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
the spacers run about $300 don't they?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yep I am with you I never saw the great benefit people saw in going to the 17 05+ wheels or even the HD ones only to have to spend a good amount on spacers. When combined you could get custom 20x10 with the correct backspacing. The one thing is that stock wheels are hub centric and most all aftermarket are lug centric. But other than that I would much rather get the exact wheels and tires I like.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
:whs:

That is what I aim to do when I finally get around to leveling my truck out and finish everything else. I love the looks of stock harley 20" on the 05-07 but not worth it to buy spacers and wheels/tires versus just going aftermarket with it for the comparatively same price i'm sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts