Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 325/85/16 look funny on a 16x12 wheel? I know the 325 is kinda skinny, so just curious. I just found a pretty good deal on some 16x12 (i was looking for 16x10's), and figure the extra 2" out would only help get rid of some of my spring rub. Just dont know if that wheels is too wide for the tire or not. Any help is appreciated.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
that should be close to a 12.5 inch tire.... 35" diameter.... i think it will look just fine.. depending on the offset.... if its not set right you will still have spring rub

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that should be close to a 12.5 inch tire.... 35" diameter.... i think it will look just fine.. depending on the offset.... if its not set right you will still have spring rub
its close to 13" wide and about 38" tall (i believe your thinking of a 315/75/16). It wont eliminate my spring rub, just help relieve it a little lol. Im just hoping it wont look funny with a 12" wide wheel on a 325 tire. I do think there is enough side wall with it being a 38" tall tire to help it look descent, just havent really seen any setup like this. Then again i havent really seen my tires on any superdutys before. lol

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
It will look good. It will spread the tire out some more making your stance wider. I would definately do it. I know alot of people that run 12 wides and 12.50s on em. I would if they made my BMF's in a 12 wide.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
You will be really happy with the way it looks thats for sure. The truck is liable to feel more stable in the handling department too haha. The way i look at it as long as the tire is at least the same width as the rim it will go on there hahaha.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, yea, its a 325 which converts out to a 12.8 (i think) wide. Wheel is 12 wide so i know it will at least fit lol. But there is also enough side wall that I dont think it will look like it stretching it, but i guess there is only one way to find out lol.

Here is my truck right now with the 16x9 wheels, and the tires im looking at putting on 16x12 wheels.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
it won't stretch it if anything you will have everything thats supposed to touch the pavement making contact as of those pics it looks ever so slightly rounded across the top of the tire. The 12 wide will flatten it out. Go ahead and get em haha!

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it won't stretch it if anything you will have everything thats supposed to touch the pavement making contact as of those pics it looks ever so slightly rounded across the top of the tire. The 12 wide will flatten it out. Go ahead and get em haha!
Yea, it is rounded. Thats what im thinking, the wider wheel will fix that, and hopefully help with the spring rub (at least a little lol).

Thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Make sure to post up the pics with the new wheels asap. I've been looking at those tires myself and I'll be mounting them up on 12 wide wheels so I'm very curious to see the outcome. I think it will look MUCH better!

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Make sure to post up the pics with the new wheels asap. I've been looking at those tires myself and I'll be mounting them up on 12 wide wheels so I'm very curious to see the outcome. I think it will look MUCH better!
Yea, not a problem. I think im going to order the wheels today or tomorow probably.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts