Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on 20x10 Mojaves now. Love the look and setup and hear from everyone. 285/65-20 on now which give it a nice square look and work awesome year round plowing in snow and highway summer. However tires on 20's are not so fun to buy! Huge difference from 17's up. So been thinking just buying some 17" rims and then run them. Even if I just run what tires I have on 20's for summer then a 17" setup for winter. I love the look of a 17" rim with 35's that bubble out, more that "truck" look I guess. The 20's thing is getting old and well everyone has them and has same look.

Anyone have pictures of there 08+ with 17's and 35's? Would a 35 MT or AT (35x12.5x17) really suck in winter time plowing and all or would the 285's I run now be better setup. Just curious. Also anyone run steelies and say its worth it? I love crager soft 8's and would look sick, if now maybe the MB series 72 in black so I could run year round, matches what I have, cheap, and won't rust.

Help me out or say stick to what I have and just buy new tires.

·
Registered
618 Posts
im looking into doing that mayself didnt get much feedback on my post. i priced tires the other day and there was about a 600 dollar diffrence in prices between 35x12.50x20 and 35x12.50x17

·
Registered
147 Posts
i got 295/70/17 now but had 35/12.50/17 before here is a few pics. o and biggest wheel i would ever go with is 18, got a buddy that owns big tire shop and he keeps me updated with prices and its crazy how much 20s cost

Attachments

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got 295/70/17 now but had 35/12.50/17 before here is a few pics. o and biggest wheel i would ever go with is 18, got a buddy that owns big tire shop and he keeps me updated with prices and its crazy how much 20s cost
Man, see that picture makes me wanna switch that truck looks mean. Love all that sidewall.

Crap. This could get pricey

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So whAt size tire is in that picture. Also do you know offset backspace and rim width you have on those rims?

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy how more rubber costs less. :hehe:

I considered going to 18's from 20's, but I decided I would end up kicking myself in the nuts for doing it. Still running 20's.....
Well I dont see how comes down to what you do with your truck and what you preffer it looking like.

it is kinda stupid huh?

Don't follow the crowd... Do what you think is best.

Where I live winter or summer I feel I would be much safer with a big sidewall to be sure rims don't get smashed up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i was saying tire prices are stupid!!! lol im still planning on going with a 17 and i dont care if people like it or not because honestly its my truck and if it makes me happy thats all that matters some people like big wheels and little rubber i on the other hand like big rubber and less wheels.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Moroney are you going to sell your 20's? If so I am interested.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moroney are you going to sell your 20's? If so I am interested.
Yea I deff will be selling them if I buy a new set of 17's. Just need to decide what wheel. Only a few I like but I really want to know what a 17x9 5 backside and 0 offset is going to look like on the truck. I assume any company would make a rim not stick out a little. I just don't want to get them and have them all tucked under the truck ya know.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would love to have those wheels on a race truck or pulling truck.
Its tuff. Trust me I love how they look but I can't decide. I do Like a change sometimes. Maybe just pawn up the money for a new set of tires and just b edone with it and enjoy the next 40K miles I suppose.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love that wheel and tire setup. I had 35/12.50s on my truck in the smaller pics. And I don't know the backspacing or offset on my wheels but they are pro comp wheels

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can some one tell me what year superduty came with 17" wheels. I have been looking for 17s locally for a few months and when I call the salvage yards they tell me the wheels will only fit 05 and up and are all 18s except styled steel. Thanks

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love that wheel and tire setup. I had 35/12.50s on my truck in the smaller pics. And I don't know the backspacing or offset on my wheels but they are pro comp wheels
I found on there website the same wheel so got the numbers. Thanks.

I am still not sure. I keep thinking 17's but don't wanna count out 18.

I really want to know what size rim is on the red superduty ont he forum header top left. That is a perfect setup.

·
Diesel newbie!
88 Posts
Can some one tell me what year superduty came with 17" wheels. I have been looking for 17s locally for a few months and when I call the salvage yards they tell me the wheels will only fit 05 and up and are all 18s except styled steel. Thanks
My 08 XL has 17s on it

·
Registered
204 Posts
seeing as how im pretty cheap i may go this route as well. whats the biggest tire i can fit with 17's and a leveling kit up front? i figure while im at all this trouble get the 2-2.5" leveling kit and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts