Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to the forum.
I have a burning question. I was cleaning out the valley of my 7.3 1994 f350 and came across a plug similar to a freeze or expansion plug sitting under the fuel pump. It is about 1 3/16 in diameter and 3/16 inch deep. It has score marks like it had been driven into a hole somewhere but I cannot determine where. The are no leaks, the valley is mostly dry and no coolant leaks either. I am assuming it must have popped off from something but its been a while since I worked on the truck. I did all the orings on the pump, filter, and turbo and changed IPR but don't recall ever seeing the likes of this plug. Maybe behind the turbo???
ANy guess will be much appreciated.
Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
nothing above the engine valley will have that... anything on the turbo is half that size, looks like a typical steel freeze plug probably from previous owner dropping it in there while working on something

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Unfortunately I am the last guy to pull everything out of the valley and put it back. For the life of me I do not know how this could have gotten there since I never messed with anything else.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Did it fall out of the back of the alternator?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I was going to suggest the intake cover off of the vacuum pump but this suggestion seems more likely!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I was going to suggest the intake cover off of the vacuum pump but this suggestion seems more likely!
You know, that same thought crossed my mind as well, then I noticed the gold plug in a rebuilt alternator in the shelf and thought hmmmm, I wonder.....
Measured the hole in mine and it was roughly 1-3/16",
Good noggin scratcher going here.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts