Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 point intake and exhaust and I'm getting bored.. Any and all suggestions for a dramatic increase for under 2k will be considered

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More so than a 38r swap with new tune and up pipes?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You will have more increase in putting larger injectors, does that mean that is your next step, maybe, maybe not. Do you have a HP goal?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
We need all info on your truck and its mods and your usage-goals to make recommendations ...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E99 daily driver just looking to get the most power without upgrading trans just yet. I have dp tuner 6 point with afe stage 2 intake 3inch open exhaust no cat or muffler and an frx mod. Stock injectors and turbo. I have egt/boost/trans gauges and 35's

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also is the 38r loud? I'd like it to be ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No goals really I like the idea of the turbo and up pipes because I can install it myself. The injectors are pricey and I'd have to pay someone to install them.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
well you dont have enough money to do a 38R and injectors....

also is your truck auto or manual?

the problem you have is that at the point you are any more power is going to come at a high cost... plus you also need to figure that your going to have to do supporting mods like a built transmission.... adding more power to a stock trans is only going to weaken it even more...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess the real question I should be asking is what kind of power gains and maybe fuel economy would I see with a 38r/bigger up pipes and a new tune on stock injectors and hpop? My local Powerstroke shop is telling me close to 75 and is assuring me my tranny will be fine for moderate driving.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yea sadly 38r wont work on e99

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what would be a good turbo?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And are you guys sure it won't work? My shop never said anything about it not working.. They actually suggested it numerous times

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a strictly Powerstroke shop, they do good work.. Guess they weren't thinking. So can your left nut suggest an equivalent 38r turbo?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are d66 pricey?

·
Registered
375 Posts
you can run a 38r on a 99...you just have to change the spyder and plenums...it isnt impossible.

2'' to 3'' sounds like an upgrade that needs to be done anyways..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts