Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What's the luckiest thing that happened to you?

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  fishinfool98 
#1 ·
Does luck come in threes? Last friday I get a 3rd place finish. This past Tuesday I get second on a track that I have broken on every time. TODAY! Open house at a parts wharehouse I deal with. They have give aways all day, must be present to win with two chances. One table has die cast cars, 2 pressure washers, a gas grill(huge), a flat screen tv and more. I win a die cast car. Thinking it's hot and I'm tired I almost go home. Yes I won the grand prize. It's a new pipe bender valued at $6300.
Let's hear yours.

#6 ·
I would have to say....a bank teller alerting their main headquarters that someone tried to pass a check they fabbed up with our name and banking info all over it, written for a large sum of money. We were alerted quickly and the B******* never got a dime.

Diane

#11 ·
Asking my fiance' to be my wife, and she said yes.. Many trips overseas in combat zones and still alive

#14 ·
Well I have to say winning the pipe bender was sweet, but not the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

At the young age of 27 I under went two cancer operations. I was given less than a 50% chance of making it. The first removed a fast growing tumor from my tongue. It was so bad I couldn't eat. The second removed the glands and nodes from the right side of my neck. With the second operation there was a good chance I would lose the use of my right arm. Guys it was so bad I told my mother to leave the hospital. Yes I am lucky! I am 42 years old and sad to say I out lived my mother that died from cancer.

#17 ·
Wellllllllll

Survived 2 car accidents. 40mph headon.....70 MPH rear ender... neither my fualt.

My daughter being born premie (30 weeks 3lbs) and spending a month in the hospital, she's 8 now.

But I have always said that everyday I wake up is a nother day in paradise......

So I would have to say my luckiest days are the ones I get to spend with my kids......SO EVERYDAY is a lucky day......till I take a dirt nap.

#18 ·
Waking up on the bright side of the dirt is always good....Tater

#20 ·
I won't even go into all the times I've survived car accidents (including the times that Alan didn't kill me himself), atv accidents, waterski accidents, horse accidents......

Hmmm...it's been a fun life for the most part.:D But, luck didn't play a part in any of it. My poor guardian angel works so much overtime. Probably gonna slap me when we meet face to face someday!

It all happens for a reason, right? I've had three people tell me that just today! Guess it's true.

#21 ·
i've been kicked by horses in the jaw, in the chest, and in the leg. i had one mare that didn't wait for me to get all the way on the saddle before she started bucking and my boys met the saddle horn, doc says i can still have kids. had one crazy stallion flip backwards on me and rolled back and fowarth before he decided to get up, i still train horses but the right now, not the i'm the bad ass cowboy that can ride anything way. and i guess a lucky thing that happend was in a baseball game, i was pitching, 9th inning we were up 2-0 with 2 outs and the count was 3-1 with a runner on second. i tried to throw a low outside fastball and i missed my spot, the man killed to left center. luckily the guy we had playing center field was fast and could jump, he ran to the warning track and caught the ball as it was about to sneak over, we won states!

#22 ·
Hmmmm.... still waiting. Hopefully it will be the next 300+ million dollar lotto. Then I can pretty much guarentee that I'll have the fastest Powerstroke in the country.

#23 ·
actually just happened :D:D
just bought a 1984 jeep cherokee 4X4 (a true beater)
For the cheap price of a bottle of :redspotdance:Gentalman Jack:redspotdance: when the guy told me what he wanted for it i couldnt get to the liquor store fast enough!

so now i have a winter beater so i can park the truck when the ice is bad up here

now the thing is what color to paint it camo, or primer black after i do some patch work to the front fender(the only place that it has rust)

and it only has 78000 miles it has spent its hole life in AK
Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.