Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two f350 4x4 powerstrokes. One is a 4/96 build date and one is a 9/96 build date. The valve cover on the 4/96 shows 215hp and the valve cover on the 9/96 shows a 225hp rating. Does anyone know the exact difference? Is it the IDM or something with the hpop or the injectors? Both trucks are regular cab automatics.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Your 97 may be a cali model with split shot injectors.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were 97's not suppose to be 225hp then, or just the Cali models?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Cali models only were a little higher on horsepower.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
MARKETING!!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
you mean to tell me every motor that came out of the factory made exactly 225hp at the crank? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!! Vehicles have to get better every year, so they may have done some tuning, but it was Marketing driven, trust me..

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
you mean to tell me every motor that came out of the factory made exactly 225hp at the crank? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!! Vehicles have to get better every year, so they may have done some tuning, but it was Marketing driven, trust me..
It may have been partly due to marketing but the real difference is due to the tuning.....

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
From what I've heard... And it's pretty apparent they "dumbed" down the 7.3s alot out of the factory... Just like every other truck

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
What is the difference in the tuning? They run the same turbo, same HPOP, same injectors...

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
My 97 California was reflashed by the dealer from a MME-2 to a MME-7 and there was a perceptable decrease in performance and milage. As I recall, it was to help save the auto transmission. So, I was forced to install stage II injectors and really screw up the transmission.....LOLLOLLOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts