Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the difference in the two engines? I noticed in the pictures I was looking at the oil fill tube is located on the drivers side. My engine is blown and may be able to get an 00 e450 in a bargain. Do the econolines have psds or are they the international 7.3? Will the econline engine work in my 01 f250? If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
They are all international engines, the powerstroke is an international engine just dumbed down a bit to fords specs for daily driver consumers compared to the international t444e which is in more heavy duty applications like school busses and class b trucks and such. There is very few differences between the e series 7.3 and the f series 7.3 if I remember correct the turbo is a bit bigger on the compressor side of things when it comes to the e series

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Airbox is different, oil tube, heater core line routing, all cosmetic issues. Motor mounts, flywheel/trans bolts, all that is the same. If you're doing it yourself it's well worth it. If you're having a shop do it it's still worth it but figure they're gonna bang you an extra day labor to swap your blown motor cosmetic stuff over to the new block

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
All you need to do is take ALL accessories, bracketry, sensors, mounts, etc from your bad motor and swap it to the e series motor. You will have to swap injectors, and will have to use your trucks engine harness. I think the oil cooler needs to be swapped too

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
FWIW a week ago I deleted an ebpv valve / pedestal on a friend's '00 F250 and the folks at Riff Raff whom I bought the non-ebpv pedestal said there was no difference between the E/F-250 pedestal... I'd have to assume the turbo is the same as well, a Garret 38R

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Yes, you need to see what code the injectors are, probably ab's or ad's... that will detirmine if you need a chip or not. And as for the turbo, the stock 7.3 turbo is a gtp38, not a 38r. The 38r is a ball bearing turbo

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Ive pulled lots of injectors and parts off vans and sold them to core buyers and the injectors are different with different years so just pull the valve covers and take a look at what they are. Also some pedistals are shorter then others depending on the year as theres a tall (the same as the f series trucks) and a short version but youll be able to see the difference as its about 2 inches. The van turbos are nice as alot have the 3 bolt flange for the downpipe and no ebpv and it would be sweet to get one of those (unless you like the backpressure and higher egts)..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help! I think I'm going to go for it and buy the van. If anyone has anymore info on the subject I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thanks again for all the help

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
I like the idea of a van. The excursion is nice but a van could do more.... plus its different. Noone would be happy getting beat by a van....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.