Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of new injectors for my early 99. This is how it went. I put glow plugs in it a couple weeks ago and looked every thing over while I had the covers off. I swear i saw AD on top of the injectors so thats what i ordered. The plan was to take out the inj. and exchange them when the new ones get here so I dont have to pay the core charge. So I take off the covers this morning and see AB on the inj. The question is will the AD's work and if they do work will the manufacturer take the AB cores?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
AB injectors are split shot injectors and flow 130-135 cc of fuel
AD injectors are split shot injectors and flow 135-140 cc of fuel
I am running AD injectors in my early 99 F-450 work truck with no tuning adjustment and it runs fine just like it did with the AB injectors. One of these days I will get some tuning adjustment for a better pull on my work mule.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what about the cores do you think they will take the AB cores? I dont want to put them in and then they want some more money. The new ones will be here today.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
It really should make no difference as the injector will just be rebuilt to with in spec. and sold for what it is. A phone call to the company could not hurt to confirm as some companies might have a different core policy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts