Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, getting ready to purchase an EGR Delete kit for my 04 6.0. Just looking for ideas on the best or better ones to look at buying. THANKS ALL !!

·
The Gray Mule
73 Posts
I"m very happy with MKM Customs EGR Delete just stay away from the black onyx head gaskets!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ! the truck already has the performance head studs (ARP) and head gaskets have been replaced prior to me buying the truck

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
most guys are going to tell you to support a site sponsor and buy one that they offer. i personally would check ebay. custom diesel has a nice kit for around $150 and comes with a new up pipe

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
I used custom diesel like Webb06 said no problems installed 10k ago

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS GUYS, i am looking for options now. of course dont want to spend any more than i have to they always say you get what you pay for... witch is true, most of the time. other times ur paying for a name...

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Are you wanting to delete the EGR cooler? If so a freeze plug in both ends of it does exactly that. You will have about $1.50 in the whole thing. I have had mine doen for 6 years and have done 100 or so trucks that way. No flow through it, if the cooler ruptures, it literally just becomes a resevoir. Both sides have a freeze plug pushed in so the water can't go anywhere.

Here:

EGR delete.....CHEAP - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've also been looking for the best delete. Now usually if you buy something for cheap it comes out cheap quality. You get what you paid for. But I've been looking at Custom Diesels egr delete and it looks the same as a delete off of alligator or any other sites but it's $150 cheaper. Anyone have any knowledge on it being the same but youre just paying more for a logo??? I want to buy something right for my truck and not try to save money and mess something up.
Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
no ipr just released it for 03-04 6.0 no codes no hose to leak very impressed with it. another member here suggested it to me

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys over there very helpful great customer services they have a few options on there site for 05's. glad to help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts