Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've kind of been out of the performance loop for the last 3 years. Things came up and my truck got sidelined as an occasional daily driver in favor of a TDI jetta as my daily commuter.

I have a stealth pump setup sitting at home from the beans group buy about 3 years ago waiting to go in accept for not being able to find a machine shop capable of swapping the drive shaft for the second pump.

other than that, what's new in the world of 7.3L performance? The truck is in the body shop right now for cab corners and a drivers door, and I'll be looking at swapping out the clutch for a south bend con-ofe sometime this spring since the stock one can't keep with the chip anymore.

I've seen the comments on the cfm+ intake manifold as being more show than anything, but what else new and innovative has come out? what's the new hot single turbo setup, is it still the GPT 38R? or has something better/cheaper come out?

Thanks everyone,

Merry Christmas!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
A 7.3 breaking 1000 hp is new

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
A drop in prices on the 238 hybrids from cass and 250's.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I believe that the 7.3 is in a completely different place than it was 3 years ago. Running over 600hp on a stock bottom end. Tuning has come very far, and there are many options.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
I would say getting it to rev higher is in the heui. What's the point in have it rev to 5k when it makes all it's power at 2200? There's not

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Has anyone figured out getting the motor to rev higher? Wasn't it an electronics limitation?
A high reving PSD is easy. Making power at higher RPMs is a bit more difficult - but there have been great improvements in injector technology over the last few years. FWIW - I was launching my pulling truck at 4500 RPMs and holding 3800-4200 RPMs going down the track.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey guys,
I've kind of been out of the performance loop for the last 3 years. Things came up and my truck got sidelined as an occasional daily driver in favor of a TDI jetta as my daily commuter.

I have a stealth pump setup sitting at home from the beans group buy about 3 years ago waiting to go in accept for not being able to find a machine shop capable of swapping the drive shaft for the second pump.
other than that, what's new in the world of 7.3L performance? The truck is in the body shop right now for cab corners and a drivers door, and I'll be looking at swapping out the clutch for a south bend con-ofe sometime this spring since the stock one can't keep with the chip anymore.

I've seen the comments on the cfm+ intake manifold as being more show than anything, but what else new and innovative has come out? what's the new hot single turbo setup, is it still the GPT 38R? or has something better/cheaper come out?

Thanks everyone,

Merry Christmas!
I did the swap myself did not need a machine shop it really was not that bad.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
A high reving PSD is easy. Making power at higher RPMs is a bit more difficult - but there have been great improvements in injector technology over the last few years. FWIW - I was launching my pulling truck at 4500 RPMs and holding 3800-4200 RPMs going down the track.
lol and that was a year and a half ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts