Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 03 6.0 with everything except the turbo glow plugs and oil pan. been thinking about studding it and building it up to put in my truck and then using my 04 engine in a project truck. What parts are NOT interchangeable?

It looks like I have the horse shoe EGR cooler on my truck and the 03 has the full one. If I were to do a homemade EGR delete for my truck using the 03 parts would I have to change the pedestal? anything else?

Are the heads same?

Thanks

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Depending what year 04 you have, main difference is the rocker boxes, oil rails, pending early or late 04 the hpop is different, the water pump is bigger n front is slightly different, icp location on late 04 is on the passenger valve cover early ones are under the turbo like the 03, can't remember they did change glow plug lengths I believe as well

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I should build the project truck and keep my enigine in the 04

·
No Hole Too Deep or Slopy
78 Posts
04 motor is better in my opinion. if its workin great then id leave it alone. as far as the 03 its still a good motor but you could fix all the trouble parts while buildin it up

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Not completely, thats why the glow plugs are different I believe it has something to do with the stroke. Let doug explain more.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
The bowl shape was changed in 04. Because the center of the bowl comes up higher. The new glow plugs are like 1.2mm shorter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts