Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my GF has a chance to relocate to Arizona and we are thinking about making the move. We would be heading to Chandler Az. if we go, I was just wondering what you guys think about the area. I have been to Nevada and New Mexico before, I imagine Arizona is about the same.
Would you guys move from Michigan to Arizona?
My only thing is i would like to start a family someday and dont want my kids to grow up without aunts and uncles or grandma"s and grandpa's around. Im not sure what would be the best move for us, were just talking about it right now.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Used to be a good skydiving club near Chandler. It gets hot in the summer, really hot. But Flagstaff aint' that far away.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I love it here.......but it does get hot az hell. LOL chandler is a good area,just make sure you get a house with a pool or make friends with someone who has a pool. and no i don't have a pool at my pad but mother-in-law does.:D IM IN MESA

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Like everyone said it gets friggin hot, especially in Phoenix and becuase of all the concret and ashaplt it stays hot. There is alot of stuff to do that is fairly close. The dunes are 3 hrs away, nice ski resort is 2 hrs away, Mexico and the beach is 3 hrs away, their are 4 good sized lakes within an hour or two.
As far as housing is concerned, Phoenix' market got hit pretty bad. So their are some great deals to be had. I would definitely do some searching for the different areas. There are many really nice neighborhoods.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well looks like were moving, she took the job and we are going to move her down in a couple weeks. Im not gonna come out till December when I get laid off for the season then I can look for a job down there. Im kinda of excited about the move, no more snow and I can ride my bike year round.

·
ARMY bound
6,989 Posts
I live in Chandler and love it. It gets hot but I have a pool so it's good. I would not suggest riding a motorcycle when it's 115 out though, it's like riding inside an oven.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The job market around here is just as bad im sure, but if your willing to actually work there are jobs to be had, at least around here.
I really dont plan on riding when its 115 out, heck i dont even ride when its 95+ here but its usually really humid. I just think its gonna be cool to make a run to Vegas or California in the middle of the winter

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,951 Posts
sounds like it might be getting a little less crowded here pretty soon so I guess that's a plus LOL

·
Sarcastic Bastard
422 Posts
Ive been born and raised in this "Valley of the Sun (stroke)" and I love it. Minimal humidity, and with in 1 hour in any direction you are in a different climate. North = High Country and cool, South = low desert, East i= High Desert, and West = California (Land of the Fruits and Nuts) but it's great. 9 months out of the year it's great, and three months it's HOT. But girls in bikini's make it all worth while...

·
Registered
124 Posts
My GF lived in tempe for about a year and she liked it, Chandler is a nice area to. Only negitive is its so damn hot and alot of *******. But its sweet cuz in the winter drive 3 hours or so north and there is tons of snow. Good luck with the move. I see your from Kalamazoo, I live in St. Joe MI. I did the drive 3 times from MI to AZ. Watch out of cameras that take your pic if your going 10 over.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
AZ it great i have a dirtbike and ride once a week and its great just ride early in the summer and ur fine. great state and the offloading next to four peaks is amazing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just telling the truth about Arizona.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts