Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A powerstroke 4x4 one with 200k... Its off a truck im parting out, I was thinking $500?

With swap parts think its worth $600?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I get 700 for just the trans, What year is yours?

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
how much power could the s5-47's handle because i rebuilt mine and im not as happy with it but i think this luk clutch i put in is a POS and itd be happier if i upgrade to a south bend

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
how much power could the s5-47's handle because i rebuilt mine and im not as happy with it but i think this luk clutch i put in is a POS and itd be happier if i upgrade to a south bend
How much HP you putting thru it?

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
I'd like to see it handle roughly about 500 wheel hp eventually. I do know that s5-47 stands for synchronized five forward speeds and rated to 47 ft.lbs. of tourque times ten which is 470 and the older s5-42's are obviously 420 but I seriously believe the gearboxes are seriously under rated because obs ps have 500 ft.lbs. stock. Oh and I'm probably making 300 to the wheels if that as of now

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I'd like to see it handle roughly about 500 wheel hp eventually. I do know that s5-47 stands for synchronized five forward speeds and rated to 47 ft.lbs. of tourque times ten which is 470 and the older s5-42's are obviously 420 but I seriously believe the gearboxes are seriously under rated because obs ps have 500 ft.lbs. stock
I think you got your numbers mixed up the OBS were only about 450ft/lb/tq

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
I bought my high mileage ZF5 and tcase with other hardware to swap for 900

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
I think you got your numbers mixed up the OBS were only about 450ft/lb/tq
Interesting I could be wrong either way it's making more than 500 ft.lbs. now and it's holding up I just feel this luk clutch is my issue

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
In 3 trucks I put tuners in, I smoked the clutches in less than 3 days each. The last one had less than 1 year and about 8k on the NEW clutch.

I must have some strong running trucks to smoke 3 clutches

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought you could sell the whole swap kit for around a thousand bucks... That's what my buddy paid for his.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts