Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 F250 with the 8 ft bed and dual fuel tanks, the inside of the bed is pretty scratched and dented up but not rusting. I don't want to spray in a bedliner since the bed is so dented and I figure the plastic liner will help make it look better than it is currently. The bed itself won't see a lot of action either so I'm not worried about longevity. Hard to find a 95 in my area so I'm hoping to broaden my search. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I'd say one from the 80's to the 97 heavy duty will work. But good luck finding one.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, '80-96 & '97 >8500GVWR have the same shape bed & t/g, in the same sizes. But a used bedliner probably won't look much better because they usually warp. All 3 of mine are.

I'd recommend Rhino; not just any spray-in.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Even if you don't want the spray in liner, you'll want to, at least, do a dyi bed liner under the plastic liner or your bed will rust. The plastic liners move and rub paint off, trap water and cause rust.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Just get some DIY liner at Lowe's or elsewhere. As was mentioned the plastic liner will rub the paint off and it will be down to bare metal and then once water hits it you will have rust.

I'm not a fan or Rino Liner. I know a few truck owners who have had to have their beds resprayed every time that they haul a slide in camper in it. I prefer the harder liners such as Line-X. I have one that is similar to Line-X called Speed Liner and it is very tough.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This bed had a drop-in below-rail bedliner for ~300Kmi:

(phone app link)

It was pop-riveted to the rear lip of the bed.

·
Project Shamu
3,070 Posts
I had a drop in liner in Shamu before I did the flatbed, and same, it was rubbed through the paint in several places, but even after 10 years, it never warped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts