Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother in law just bought for 2500 bucks, turbo is sitting in the floor board. already planned on pulling the ipr valve and checking the screen for debris. if engine seems good we are gonna throw a turbo at it and attempt to make a buck, if not i a have 7.3 drivetrain that could go in it. also up for ideas.

Attachments

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol the tires are pretty bald but its a damn good lookin truck, but we gotta make a profit on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depending on how much damage the motor has I would think you should make a good profit; thats a nice looking truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
good find! only thing im not a fan of is the rims

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I'll give you $3,000 as it sits right now.

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good find! only thing im not a fan of is the rims
see idk i think the rims are sharp. if mine was not a dually they would already be on it. lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
wanna sell the lift?

·
Registered
756 Posts
you got a hell of a deal even if it needs a whole new long block

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no were not gonna part it out just yet. in another 6 months maybe lol but ya i think we should be able to do alright on it, even if the engine is junk. worst case scenerio it gets a 7.3 or a 5.9

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
no were not gonna part it out just yet. in another 6 months maybe lol but ya i think we should be able to do alright on it, even if the engine is junk. worst case scenerio it gets a 7.3 or a 5.9
or just put another 6.0 in it and be done. much more simple fix then doing all the work for a cummins

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
or just put another 6.0 in it and be done. much more simple fix then doing all the work for a cummins
this is true but the money for a used 6 leaker is pretty high imo.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
2k is too high? You can be in the hole for a used engine loaded with accessories, and parts to make it bullet proof and be under 4k. Then you have a truck worth over 10k EASY with only 6k or so into it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
this is true but the money for a used 6 leaker is pretty high imo.
2 grand for a motor the you have 10-14000 truck depend on how nice it is

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the chapest i have seen them is between 4-7k

·
Registered
756 Posts
:whs:
Where are yall finding them for $2k?

·
Registered
103 Posts
2k is too high? You can be in the hole for a used engine loaded with accessories, and parts to make it bullet proof and be under 4k. Then you have a truck worth over 10k EASY with only 6k or so into it.
you beat me to it
:whs:
Where are yall finding them for $2k?
there one on the .org with 103K for 2k

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i will have to look at it, but i got to lookin at it and im thinkin the fella just could not afford the truck anymore so he sold the turbo and ficm and let the bank take back thats what im hopin for so now i just have to scrounge up a set of stock wheels and tires to get it on my trailer lol

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i got a used turbo and ficm for a good price and put it all together and three cranks it fired and runs like a scalded dog! still got a couple more kinks to fix it has an up pipe leak and looks like icp sensor is pushin oil through it. but other then it runs strong. what ya think we should be able to get out of it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts