Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission fluid to come from the top of the transmission between the T-Case and Trans? Is there a vent tube up there? If so, why would transmission fluid be coming out of it?

I've got a mess and I'm trying to pin point the cause. Transmission may have been a touch overfull, but has been for the last 5K miles. The ONLY difference is it's getting warmer than it has been.

1,052 Posts
Transmission fluid to come from the top of the transmission between the T-Case and Trans? Is there a vent tube up there? If so, why would transmission fluid be coming out of it?

I've got a mess and I'm trying to pin point the cause. Transmission may have been a touch overfull, but has been for the last 5K miles. The ONLY difference is it's getting warmer than it has been.
Were you watching tranny temps?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive gotten my car tranny too hot sitting on the transbrake and that caused it to puke out all over the place....

...possibly yours being too full?

It feel like it's working ok?

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Shifting like normal. Normal temps...not reving or slipping. Just the spillage. It's probably only dumped like 1/3 quart max...just enough to make a mess.
it must have vented on you, if its not getting hot and shifting perfectly, its fine. i just cant imagine how you deal with a leak on that truck... you have a personal meltdown yet? :hehe:

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
I put a suncoast drive solenoid in my buddys truck and put in 9qts after the filter and solenoid change and his did the same thing when it got warm for the first time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ya, tranny fluid expands ALOT when it gets hot. I'd say clean it up, and drain a little. Then explain how you clean the bottom of the truck because I want to keep mine looking as nice as that underneath!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's easy...when I wash the truck I throw the sprinkler under the truck abount and hour before on full blast to get all the crap broke loose...then just wash with the rest of the truck.

·
< Chuck Norris approved!
288 Posts
Happened to me after the dealership service my trans. Probably 5000 miles later I was towing against a head wind stopped for fuel noticed the atf. Checked levels and kept driving. Had some bad feelings for another 200 miles. Temps were allways good. The mess just sucks. Good luck

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I drained a quart yesterday and it seems everything good to go. Crazy how much it expands. Just and FYI...the extra 1/2 quart everyone recommends DOESN"T STAY IN THERE! I was just a touch passed the full line when i did it in December when it was in the 20's. Now in the 70's the fluid level was nearly .75" past the full line!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Are you checking the trans fluid level when it's cold or after the trans is up to temperature?

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's easy...when I wash the truck I throw the sprinkler under the truck abount and hour before on full blast to get all the crap broke loose...then just wash with the rest of the truck.
LOL LOL

Your hard core man!!! That is a great idea though!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts