Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a early 99 with swamps 180 30% single shots 4" turbo back exhaust an cold air intake and im going to get the php hydra with their custom tunes. My question is what would be 6 good tunes to start out with say 2 for towing 1 for having fun an the other 3 for everyday driving?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it has a much larger tranny cooler but stock turbo will i be needing to do any upgrades to the turbo in the near future?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i want to get the high idle tune but what would be 2 good tow tunes they have 25 45 65. An 75 listed on the website. Also a little confused for daily drive tunes what would be good for all around every day driving. a buddy told me a 120 performance would be good but what are some others that would be good to have them add also as far as an extreme tune what would be i be safe with? . Sorry about asking so many questions just dont know much about the tuning side of things an fairly new to the diesel world.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I usually drive in my 80 tune from PHP with 160/100 and it is a prefect all around tune for my daily driving needs. I dont have trans upgrades so it stays in that tune for now

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I towed for years in there street hot file. Loved it...

I dont have a high idle tune anymore, I use a gearhead tune that auto idles up after a few seconds... Nice daily tune with an auto high idle...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I use 4 tunes. All out tune for dd and light towing. 80hp php tow tune for over 10000#'s.
High idle 1200 for warm up.
And a daily driver tune from gearhead when its snowy/icey out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
616 Posts
What are your driving habits? How much and how offen are you towing? Talk to your tuner and give them the specifics. Talk to a couple different tuners, see who offers the best for your needs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the winter time i dont tow much an do lots of driving around in the mountains hunting then in the summer we tow about once or twice a month weather we go out in the desert or to a short course race with my truck on the trailer its probably 7000 An a few trips to the dunes with probably a 10,000 pound loaded trailer but from where we are at no matter what we are doing we are on the free way but pulling up and over lots of steep or long passes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.