Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was seeing if you guys knew something really strong to use on my motor to detail it good like i want that the crap off of it and how to do it thanks

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Mixture of dish soap and water in a squirt bottle and some toothbrushes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
last can of engine clean had a high orange citris concentration worked well... Also found Fantastic or spray nine work great as well...

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
go down to your local napa and buy a bottle of there whitewall tire cleaner.... mix it 1/6 cleaner to 5/6 water...... thats what i use on mine... cleans it right up

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
2nd brake cleaner.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Brake clean to get the heavy stuff off and then I spray it with Simple Green let it sit scrub off whatever I can and then get the hose and rinse it off.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you could also get a product called Power Off, its made my MARC Industries.... you can find it in an ace true value or similar hardware store

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
The simplest way is simply Simple Green.:D

Like Allen said though. Do it while it's warm.

And there is this stuff i think has already been mentioned called Citrus Orange or something. I used that stuff quite a few times but it's been hard to find lately.

Some other very good cleaners i use is Yellow Jacket, and Big Orange made by ZEP.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Best I have used is a product called Oil Eater that I got at Costco. Anyone that has seem my engine will attest that it works.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
3M Citrus Base Cleaner. Grease and Oil's worst nightmare.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Adams all purpose cleaner(works very well to clean motor bays)
Then Use adams V.R.T

Your motor bay will look very nice

Good stuff as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts