Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. 2005 F-250 6.0, 115,000 miles. A/C was not blowing cold so I opened up the system and found the orifice clogged with debris. I'm going to replace the compressor, accumulator, and orifice. I've read a couple reports that suggest the condensor should be replaced because it cannot be adequately flushed. My plan is to flush the evaporator, condenser, and lines really good when I take the system apart. Reassemble with new compressor, acccumulator, and orifice, draw the vacuum and recharge. Is that good enough? I want to do this right and not have to repeat. What do you think? Is it worth replacing the condenser or is that overkill? And same question with the evaporator. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi. Another question. I live in SoCal and travel a lot to Baja during the summer with extreme dry heat. I read somewhere that the orifices come in different sizes and can be selected to work better in my conditions than the factory standard orifice that may be sized for the average conditions most people encounter. Have you heard this before? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi. Another question. I live in SoCal and travel a lot to Baja during the summer with extreme dry heat. I read somewhere that the orifices come in different sizes and can be selected to work better in my conditions than the factory standard orifice that may be sized for the average conditions most people encounter. Have you heard this before? Thanks.

I believe there is a Orange or Red colored orifice tube that’s for extreme heat . A competent parts man should be able to look it up . I might could find it if you need it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts