Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight assemblies have become yellow, and a polish did not help.

I am just going to replace them, but not sure with what.

Was thinking diamond clear from LMC truck? But thought I read they have a funny light pattern??

Looking for better light, as I notice my night vision getting worse. Was thinking of HIDs as well.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
255 Posts
hid need to be in a proper hid housing. they are great just need to build one. there is a thread on this somewhere

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
If you don't go HIDs, you can do what I did and get a set of Hella bulbs from OBSWIZ on here. They're a lot brighter than stock and a whiter light. I got new clear headlights off e-bay, and combined with those bulbs they work great.

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
I just installed some clear Ebay lenses and some Silverstar ZXE Xenon bulbs.

I have had HIDs in my old 4runner. These throw just as much light without the broken up pattern that the HIDs throw.

I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just installed some clear Ebay lenses and some Silverstar ZXE Xenon bulbs.

I have had HIDs in my old 4runner. These throw just as much light without the broken up pattern that the HIDs throw.

I couldn't be happier.
What lenses did you get? Do you have a link to the seller on ebay?

Also what bulbs did you use? i see theres different numbers?

thanks...

Think i'm gonna this route also....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mr bob, I will be doing the hid projector retrofit with the lmc clear lights, should be done in the next 2 weeks if you wanted to have a look, I'll let you know how I make out

·
PSD
958 Posts
i got cheap chinese 6000k single beam 9007 hid kit off ebay in my truck. those high low hid kits are known for having lighting problems...like not working. I've seen it on numerous friends vehicles and besides there the same out put of light. it just changes angles.more things to go wrong. i also got the clear headlights to. that was the best money spent. i did have problems at first like blinding other cars and getting flashed at. so i aimed it 2.5 years ago and haven't got flashed sence. and the lighting is great. the factory high beams are nothing compared to lighting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts