Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, got some numbers....at idle my ICP is 3719.69 and duty cycle is 9.37 and ICP volts is 4.61. Did a buzz test and everything seemed to sound the same. Did cylinder contribution test and #8 came up with a balance/fault??? Is IPR bad?? and cylinder #8 injector leaking at o-ring?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Guys correct me if I'm wrong but that ICP seems way to high. I believe mine idles at 600-700.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ICP at warm idle should be around 480ish. ICP voltage should be around 0.9v. If you have another ICP I would suggest trying that. #3 and #8 commonly show a fault on a CCT test depending on what CPS you have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ICP is brand new from dealer..... could it be bad?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is their any oil in the plug of the ICP sensor? Is your motor running like a turd?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, turd of a motor. ICP is new from dealer and so is the pigtail

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
While the HPO system is capable of producing that ICP I think the duty cycle would certainly have to be way higher to achieve it. Something's not reading right or you have one hell of a pump.

That's exactly.02 worth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The duty cycle numbers are what it should be around at idle. It may be time for a new IPR.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So definitely an anomaly on the 3719psi... I can't get it to reproduce it again, it's a constant 724psi 17% duty cycle at idle whether warm or cold and pegs at 2641psi 48-57% duty cycle at WOT. I guess I'll try changing the IPR???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your WOT numbers are fine. Did you just put the sticks and chip in and this happened?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had the tuner and updated tunes from Jody. Installed sticks, T500, and RR all at the same time. Did HPOP and RR and started prior to doing the sticks... as a side note, if I clear codes it won't start or start and dies. With CEL on, tried to do do contribution test and kills truck. Plugged in old ICP and voltage still reads 4.6v??

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Did this all start to happen after you did the chip updates by chance?

First thing which is every easy if you have cut an access hole in your PCM cover box is: Pull the chip and start it and try running the tests. See what you get. This will rule out that something with the tune or chip is buggered. When you start getting the engine not staring and dying when tests are run and there is a chip that is one thing to check.

So you have the HPOP done as well at the same time as the chip etc when all this happened? That means the IPR. Did you install a brand new IPR from Ford or did you simply swap over your old one? If the latter that would be the next thing to consider.

While the hpop can certainly push ICP to that level at idle with lower DC% than you would ever see driving with some throttle as the at idle almost all the HPOP oil is going out thru the IPR, I would still expect to see a bit higher DC than you are seeing.

As you have tried two ICP and I would not expect both the have those exact same symptoms like that still I have seen ICP do crazy things.

Pull the chip and report back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Farm. I think I got it fixed finally. I replaced the pigtails for ICP and IPR. Everything numbers wise seems OK now, but still get a weird loped idle. It's worse when cold but still noticeable when warm. Gonna dive in and pull the injectors to see in an oring rolled or something. Still getting some white smoke at start up when it's really cold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts