Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im fixin to go OTR for a while...goin to be out for 4-6 weeks at a time. So this means the truck is goin to be sittin quit a bit. I told my girlfriend to start it every couple of days and let it idle a while and drive to work a couple times a week. What are the affects of it sitting for a while? It will not be sitting completely dead. Anything I need to prep for...?

Also....when I get some checks comin in..its goin to start gettin some problems fixed...like the injector cups. Matt (bronco250444) is goin to do the motor work on it and is goin to make me a list of what needs to be fixed replaced. If worst comes to worst...whats the price range of finding a low mileage 7.3 motor..? This truck has been good to me and the last thing I want to do is have to get rid of it. I hope its just minor things and nothing serious. Might even get an overhaul kit if it will help. Thanks for any suggestions.

Austin

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Pull the neg cable on the batts to keep them from draining. Add a treatment to your fuel otherwise you should be fine.

I would find a shed or barn to park it in to keep the sun off the truck

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be parked in the garage...:D Its got fresh oil n filters as of yesterday so I think it will be ok.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Mine sits for months sometimes. I have someone start it every 3-4 weeks and let it run for about 15 minutes....other than that I don't do anything special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts