Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2008 f250 lariat, beautiful truck 107,000 miles crew cab 2 wheel drive picked it up Friday. Took it to my mechanic friend to be check out before a weekend trip of about 150 miles one way. Found the coolant level low, and the oil level high, he suggested an oil change before I went, so I went and had that done. The next day I went to fuel up and noticed a leak when I walked back from paying, oil looking spot. Drove it home and found it leaking from what looks like the radiator, rolled up a piece of paper towel and stuck it in the radiator overflow bottle and some black gunk came back on the paper towel. I have an extended warranty, but is this a sign to move on to another truck, or if its fixed under warranty will it be reliable or a constant pain in the ***. I love the truck but don't want to live at the mechanics shop. Thanks for your opinion

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you determine that what was leaking from near the radiator was actually oil? The black gunk in the overflow bottle could be from wear/deterioration of the hoses rather than oil. See if the residue in the overflow is 'rubbery/sticky' rather than oily. Does the upper radiator hose have a white connection to the block rather than black (indicating that the hose has been replaced). High oil is fairly common especially if it's stock (not dpf deleted). Not sure about the oil leaking from near the radiator but the two conditions are not necessarily related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts