Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you guys been doing with the sensors when going to aftermarket wheels and big tires, I have a 08 f250 diesel

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I am also wondering about this too??? I run aftermarket rims in the summer and factory in the winter and have the sensors on the factory rims but no sensors on the aftermarkets is there away to get rid of or fowl the warning light so it is not going off all the time?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I had mine switched to my new rims. But like u guys i would like to get rid of them. Its to annoying watching that light come on.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Basically if the tires pressure doesnt match whats on the sticker on the door jam, the light comes on.

The dealer can only raise these limits, not lower them

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Is there anyway to completely remove the system. Thats wat im inetrested in. Id probably have to go to the dealer and have it taken off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went to the dealer and a friend that is a tech said it would not be possible to turn it off at least as far as he knows. Has anyone taken the sensors off and taped all four to the inside of the spare under the truck? this works on some models but I havent seen anyone that has done a f250 yet.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
went to the dealer and a friend that is a tech said it would not be possible to turn it off at least as far as he knows. Has anyone taken the sensors off and taped all four to the inside of the spare under the truck? this works on some models but I havent seen anyone that has done a f250 yet.
I have mine in the spare. The light will stay off for about 1/2 hour & then come on so its not a permanent fix. They have to be moving around to work properlly.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Its not a normal bulb its a circuit board and when a bulb goes the dealer has to take the entire dash out and fix it. I wish it was that easy.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Ok but when Dot or the dmv tests the system and finds a fault code for that bulb not working ur screwed and u will have to pay to get it fixed but depends on wat state u live in. better off just getting bands longer or rims to fit.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Buy new sensors for the 2nd set of wheels and use the system like it was meant to be used.

You've got a fairly new truck, why would you want to start trying to rig it all up? Spend the $400 or so on more sensors, it's small change compared to what you paid for the truck.

Besides, if you had the option of knowing if a tire was low or going flat, why wouldn't you want that? If not for your safety, for your family's, or whoever else might drive it!

Dave

·
Registered
853 Posts
the problem i have run into is guys are going with a larger tire on factory wheels. one example is 285 75 18 bfg all terrain..the tire max psi cold is 60 psi. on the f-350's, the min tire press for the rear tires is 80 psi per the door sticker and the computer calibrations. you can't put 80 psi in a max 60 psi tire.. the factory settings will go up to 120 psi but no lower than 80...the 250 tolerances are different..and these modules are linked together through the networking so there isn't a wire that can be cut either. wireless signals from the sensor to the module then networked to the instrument cluster to turn on the message center and idiot light.

i do agree with the vehicle telling you that your tire press. is low, but has everyone gotten so lazy that they can't check their own tire press and the government has to mandate the manufacturers to install a low press system? in a empty truck with 80 pounds of air in the rear tires will beat you to death..most of my buddies drop the air press when unloaded and adjust accordingly when loaded. one for ride comfort and two for better tire wear.

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
The stupid thing is it was an option on the job2 trucks and they still wont turn the damn thing off!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts