Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i am in the market for some new budget priced all terrain tires from discount tire in the size of 265/75/16.

I run mostly highway with the occasional off road excursion. I want something that looks good but will last awhile.

I am inbetween the Hankook ATM and the Cooper ATR

I am wondering if anyone had any reviews on them and what y'all think

thank you in advance

:psn:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hankooks ride good are quiet and wear well, haven't ran the coopers.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm running nitto Terra grapplers on my truck and they are very quite, balanced well and handle very decent

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allright well i have decided to save up some money and get some terragrapplers made by nitto 265/75/16

i dont know if i should get load range d or e

·
FordDave
222 Posts
load E if you're ever going to load the bed

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have wore out a few sets of coopers before. Th local dealer in town sells them and it's mostly all they stock. They always last a long time. the ATR's lasted about 60,000 and that was towing a skidster on a gooseneck most of the life of the tires. We just put Cooper AT3's on the plow truck and they are a nice looking tire. They are replacing the ATR's so I think they would be comparable but look better then the ATR's IMO. Have done well so far but they don't get many miles as its just a plow/salt truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my terra's didn't last no time. i would never buy them again
thats weird everyone i have talked to has loved them and say they can get 50k out of them easily, my buddy got 60k on his with an avalanche

i am going with load range e because i do have an eight foot bed and plan to haul junk around plus to the occasional trailer

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
thats weird everyone i have talked to has loved them and say they can get 50k out of them easily, my buddy got 60k on his with an avalanche

i am going with load range e because i do have an eight foot bed and plan to haul junk around plus to the occasional trailer
the tread depth is only 15 or 16/32's so maybe thats why?
I hear both and read both in reviews.

My discount 315/75/16 AT's wore great and handle my donuts w/o complaints, was great in the snow, ice and rain.
Wish they still made the tire.

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
The Dura Grapplers are a great tire. I've got 65K miles on my current set and could easily get another 10K.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
i wouldnt recomend terra grapplers to anyone. buddy has some on a duramax and they prolly aint got 20k miles on them and are junk. my cousin in law has them on a ram 1500 and 3 of the 4 have big knots on them, and nitto would only warranty 2 of them

·
Registered
702 Posts
what about bridgestone at revo 2's? Seem like they sport a heavier load rating. Or Cooper now has their at3 as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i am still shopping for tires and want to know what a good all terrain is, besides the bfg that everyone loves

·
green037.3
49 Posts
i just bought a set of cooper stmaxx tires 285/75-16 and i love them. in the snow they have great traction and they are suppose to be cut and chip resistant. They cost me right at 900 dollars its hard to find a good tire for that price thats load range E and 10ply

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
I looked at the ST/MAXX and wish they made them in other sizes. The tread design looks cool and the sipping would be great for the wet and snow.
my factory firebombs suck in the snow.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
the cooper at3 is a badass tire. another buddy has them on a dmax and there awesome. great in mud/snow/ice

·
Registered
702 Posts
i just bought a set of cooper stmaxx tires 285/75-16 and i love them. in the snow they have great traction and they are suppose to be cut and chip resistant. They cost me right at 900 dollars its hard to find a good tire for that price thats load range E and 10ply
the cooper at3 is a badass tire. another buddy has them on a dmax and there awesome. great in mud/snow/ice
Yeh these are my 2 front runners for new tires, 3750 lbs load range, and beefy. The 50,000 mileage on the AT3.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a FYI. My Terra Grapplers have about 22K on them. They will be lucky to make it another 10K. They are the e-load rated 285/75R16s BTW.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So, for a decent snow plowing tire and relatively quiet road noise, I seem to gather that the Cooper at3 and/or the BF AT's? I will have to price shop for these now, I usually find the best deals at Sam's Club

1 - 19 of 19 Posts