1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
I like my BFG a/t's

·
Good Times
209 Posts
If your looking for a good a/t for a good price I would go with a pro comp a/t. Right now they are on sale, Buy three get one free! They have a 50,000 mile warranty. But it is only on sale this month. (oct.)

If not those I would go with Nitto Terra Grappler (toyo makes/owns them). They are almost identical to the toyo a/t's.

I work at a tire store here in Utah so let me know what kind of price your getting and I can let you know if your getting a good deal.:ford:

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had the Nitto's before the BFG's..No comparison they sucked A$$!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I say TOYO Open Country M/T
One of the best looking/performing tires out there I hear. Can't wait to try them.

·
Good Times
209 Posts
IMPO, BFG'S are a good tire and you won't go wrong there. Other than you pay out the a$$ for them. Toyo, Nitto, GDY, and other name brands are great too. Most brand name tires in an A/T will be rated at 50,000 miles. All you got to do is take care of the ones you get.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
TOYO M/T's SUCK!!!!!!
i heard the whole hype on them too
and i am very very disapointed 16K miles and they are toast
a guy i know with a 99 6 speed only got 9K miles out of them

i am goin back to M55's

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
TOYO M/T's SUCK!!!!!!
i heard the whole hype on them too
and i am very very disapointed 16K miles and they are toast
a guy i know with a 99 6 speed only got 9K miles out of them

i am goin back to M55's
That's odd, I've heard completely the opposite. CSIPSD says he gets 50K out of every set.

What pressure were you running them?

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
my Toyo Open Country A/T's were not too pricey in a 275/60-20 like around 180-200 a piece 2 years ago

·
Good Times
209 Posts
:lame:We have taken off many sets of Toyo M/T's with over 40k on each set. I have seen sets only go 25k It is just how you take care of them. Check air pressure once a month, rotate every 3-5k, and make sure your front end is tight Aligned right.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
:lame:We have taken off many sets of Toyo M/T's with over 40k on each set. I have seen sets only go 25k It is just how you take care of them. Check air pressure once a month, rotate every 3-5k, and make sure your front end is tight Aligned right.
i check air pressure bout every oil change (every 3 weeks) and rotate every 2 oil changes (2500 per oil change) but my alignment-that i couldnt tell ya
maybe i got a bad set but i guess i wont drop the change again to find out

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
That's odd, I've heard completely the opposite. CSIPSD says he gets 50K out of every set.

What pressure were you running them?
is that 50K miles or 50K seconds, because from what i understand, Joe doesnt drive his truck, LOL!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Fellas, remember one thing, our trucks are very heavy and unless you get an E Rated tire, your tread life on your tires arent going to be what u expect. D Rated tires will wear out faster. If i can get 30K miles or more out of my D Rated tires, i am happy, that is my average whether i have had GoodYear Wrangler MT/Rs or BFG A/Ts, and every set of those has been D Rated

1 - 20 of 36 Posts