Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just as the title say's, what t4 flange turbo would be a good turbo to run with stock ad's and coustom tunes? i got a t4 flanged set of bellowed uppipes given to me and when i get some bill's all taken care of and start modding the truck again i want to run a t4 style turbo and was thinking something like a s400 or something like that. but want to know what turbo i could still DD with stock sticks but would also hold up to some stage 3's latter.....

·
Woman Driver
235 Posts
Says T4 in the OP three times, even says T4 in the title...

If it was a T4i mount it'd be an easy decision, HX50 (H2E).

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Says T4 in the OP three times, even says T4 in the title...

If it was a T4i mount it'd be an easy decision, HX50 (H2E).
Just asking due to the fact that some people don't know the difference.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have an s465 on my truck with stage 2's and it lights real nice but idk how they would work on stock injectors. Maybe an s300 would be good for stock injectors.
Bryan

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
A lot of spooling is in the tuning anyway, I have no doubt that with some good tuning that stock injectors could spool most any turbo that a Stg. 2 could spool.

Isnt the GT4202 a T4 turbo?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im pretty sure its a t4 flange but not 100% sure. it was feeding a garret 42r.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A 42R has a T4 flange

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i got a semi bone yard near by and can get turbos pretty cheap from their so i was kinda wanting to find a turbo i could use off of one of them..... lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how would this gt42 perform? would it hold up to some 238cc injectors and actually make/hold 500ish HP?

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking, i was looking at few of theri differnt turbos and im not sure as to what size i need (inducer wheel,exducer wheel ect.) what size(s) would be good to go with as a single with fairly good spooling. ive thought about an ht3b but im not sure if thats to big either...?

dirk i greatly aperciate ALL of your help and input on all the questions/threads i have, youve been very imforamtive and helpfull and i thank you for it, :ford:

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
not at this altitude
Intake :3 inch
Outlet: 2.5 inch
Compressor trim: .70 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter: 56.59/74.23
Turbine wheel diameter : 61.91 /69.28
Exhaust trim: .68ar

Uhh.. yeah. That is too small even with stock injectors.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts