Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Welcome to PSN. I run 285/75r16's which are in the 32 inch range so I'm not much help as far as going bigger. Other than to say you will likely want to look at re-gearing the axles with the larger tires. I'd say you would likely want to bump up to 4.10 and possibly even 4.88.
Cj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to PSN. I run 285/75r16's which are in the 32 inch range so I'm not much help as far as going bigger. Other than to say you will likely want to look at re-gearing the axles with the larger tires. I'd say you would likely want to bump up to 4.10 and possibly even 4.88.
Cj
Ok thank you for your help
4 inch lift is more than enough with a little bumper trimming.
this is my 88 with 4 inch lift, 37 inch tires, and a C channel bumper :

View attachment 205167
thank you I was looking at 4 inch lifts and thanks for the picture

·
Registered
227 Posts
I ran 315/75/16’s on 10” wide wheels for years on stock F350 suspension with a 1 1/2” bumper shim. No issues.
If you want the truck to ride worse than it does now, put a lift kit on it.
If you want it to ride better than stock do a PMF or SKY reverse shackle kit with 2000 to 2004 front leafs code U or V.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran 315/75/16’s on 10” wide wheels for years on stock F350 suspension with a 1 1/2” bumper shim. No issues.
If you want the truck to ride worse than it does now, put a lift kit on it.
If you want it to ride better than stock do a PMF or SKY reverse shackle kit with 2000 to 2004 front leafs code U or V.
Thanks for the help! I definitely am planning on doing a shackle reverse kit. And I am kinda on a budget so I’m probably going to go with the one you use the obs leafs on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts