Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 f350 cc 4x4 a week ago with 56 miles on it so my question is what should I do to it as far as mods and such to see better fuel mileage and power with out going to extreme? And how long should I wait to do this stuff?

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I would recommend exhaust, intake and Spartan tuner. Do the exhaust from the downpipe back that is the bang for the buck!!! You will get way better fuel mileage and lots and lots of power when you need it!!! Talk to Aaron at Rudy's Performance a Vender on here, he has awesome deals on packages!!!

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
I bought a 2010 f350 cc 4x4 a week ago with 56 miles on it so my question is what should I do to it as far as mods and such to see better fuel mileage and power with out going to extreme? And how long should I wait to do this stuff?

you could get an awesome package deal that includes...tuner, intake and exhaust!!! spartan, SCT and H&S seem like the leading 3...
off the top of my head these 2 peeps will help you out

Performance Truck Products ...nate is a koo cat to work with, awesome customer service

DPF Delete Kits for Ford Powerstroke 6.4 GM Duramax LMM aaron is also has incredible customer service!!!

they will be able to help you out with all your questions

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Do I need a intake? Or will the stock one be fine? This is my first diesel.

youre stock intake should handle to about 500hp...but if you can get a deal with a complete package then you are better off getting it with that.
S&B intake seems to be the favored and reliable intake followed by AFE.

exhaust...well its mainly straight pipe from the down pipe back. muffler is optional...
flo pro is an inexpensive set up and does the job the way its supposed to! there is also the afe exhaust, which is a nice set up and MBRP is also very nice!

spartan is a nice tuner to have and has an awesome display screen on which to monitor your parameters with a wide variety of gauges.
SCT is a VERY good tuner and not as expensive but is very capable of big power...especially if you get tunes from eric from innovative.
H&S is also very good with a on the fly tuner which is always a plus!!! they dont use the sensors in the dpf or cat so there is need for welded bungs.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
an intake is a really good idea.........if you plan on tuning it is almost a must depending on which tune you decide to run.

remember the higher tunes have generally been giving people the best mpg

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
right awayLOL
wait till your first oil change and you should be good

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Where should I go to have this stuff done?

the intake, tuner and exhaust?
you can do it in your driveway with some simple hand tools. its very simple...the biggest PITA will be dpf removal, if you plan on x-ing it out

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Any real high chance of something else breaking?
There have been a few early build date trucks blow head gaskets with the 250 tune, but its rare compared to the head gasket troubles with the higher tunes like the 310. Other than that, there are no real issues I can think of. The tranny in these trucks is stout, and with our tuning they will really hold up a long time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts