Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, have been following all the 6.0 forums for a long time, has helped me immensly in the past, hoping you guys can lead me in the right direction here. a few years ago i developed a health issue that caused me to stop driving, i parked my 07 and it was right after i had put over six thousand dollars into her. the truck has around 180,000 miles on it. all around it is in good shape, not excellent but good. its a four door lariet, dually. i had just had a new oil cooler installed, along with a egr delete. as well as a sct tuner and set it for towing. early on i drained the ford gold coolant, installed drains in the block and completely flushed the system a number of times, and have been running evans waterless antifreeze ever since. i also installed a good coolant filter. the oil has been changed every 5000 miles faithfully, also when the other work was being done i had the brakes all redone along with all new calipers and rotors. as well as new heavy duty shocks. all of the work was done by stricly ford in bullville , ny. the best shop around for powerstrokes. the truck has barely 200 miles on it since the work was done. but since i cant store it inside, i have decided its best to let her go as the ny winters are not kind to any vehicle left outside, let alone the dew factor all the time. so my question is what do you guys think a ball park figure should i be asking for her, you help for this 73 year old veteran is greatly appriciated. thanks in advance

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think I'd start in the 16-18k range of it's really clean with no rust. I don't see that it's been studded which means it'll be worth a little less. It's also sat for a while which will raise all sorts of questions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it has not been studded, i changed the ford gold early on and never had an issue, had i i would have, thanks for your input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and also it has been driven once or twice a month on the farm where i have it. put into four wheel drive as well as driven up and down the country road here. so as to keep it somewhat moving

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds good. From what you say here it sounds like a nice truck.

It's still a bit of a gamble of sorts for folks. My '07 CC KR LWB Dually truck has about 180k but it has now been fully bulletproofed/upgraded and I have all the documentation to back it up.

I bought it two years ago for $17.5k and 130k miles and it was in similar condition. Unmolested, maintained, but not bulletproofed. One month after buying it I did the full bulletproofing because the oil cooler went. I figured it was a good investment but it cost me about $6500 more. Today, I wouldn't dream of selling for under 20k.

Your market may vary but down south these trucks are worth more I think.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a a very clean 100% stock ccsb lariat fx4 with 195k for $13,800 about a year & a half ago. I too ended up "bulletproofing" it for about another $5000. I'm in South Carolina but I wouldn't pay above what I did for a non studded truck.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,279 Posts
What part of the country are you in?
How much rust is there?
Any significant body or interior damage?
Done any brake, suspension, or steering component work (ball joints, U-joints, tie rods, cab and body bump stops, etc)?
Are the high pressure oil components still original (dummy plugs, stand pipes, and STC fitting)?
Has the fuel pressure regulator spring been updated?
Is the FICM original?
Any wiring issues (critters can get under the hood and cause a lot of damage - especially out in the country)?
How does the A/C system work?
What has been the maintenance schedule (fluids and filters) on the transmission?

Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all your help guys, a guy offered me 12 for it today and i think we both win, thanks for taking your time to clue me in on a close ballpark figure to work with, and dismac, all your questions were spot on, why i settled for what i did, thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts